Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saw the foot lump man

2 posters

Go down

Saw the foot lump man Empty Saw the foot lump man

Post by Tigerlily Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi everyone following in my footsteps with my seeing the foot-lump man - in a satellite building to Ipswich Hospital located in WALKER Close!! Don't you just love it when that happens?!

Well, I took all my copied paperwork for the guy and hoped he was up to it - but it turned out that he was a self-confessed "everything below the ankle" man - not even a true leg man (  monkey  - hey, I can do the emoticons here - thank you Edwin and Nelly!) - so I got nowhere with him about my pHPT in my neck!

I had asked my GP to send me for a simple X-ray of my feet because the lumps growing on top of them were at least some visible manifestation of a bone problem. I have lots of others, but I thought if these showed up anything to do with pHPT then I be on the way to a diagnosis. But instead he sent me to the Foot & Ankle Clinic, where they tend to want to go at lumps with something like and angle grinder, as they seemed to be in the next cubicle - Yikes  rabbit . I waited nearly 2 months to see this guy there and did all my research in the meantime. Everyone else to whom I'd furtively shown my foot-lumps had said "oh they're just ganglions/ganglia like you get on your wrist", but since I have matching bone lumps on the wrists (and wrist/finger/arm and elbow pain) I didn't think they were plain old ganglia.

He sent me for an X-ray of the lumps, and whilst he was writing out the authorisation we chatted about how difficult it is to get referred to someone who can take an overview of all your symptoms, rather than just seeing the Rheumy for Bones, the Endo for Hormones, etc. He opened up after that, and explained that there used to be something called a Consultant Physician who did exactly that - but that they had been mostly phased out now, probably with the increased availability of tests and scans for everything. He could see how disappointed I was that he could only answer about feet and not bones and, as I had his attention, I told him all my symptoms (and they are multiple) and showed him the paperwork I had brought as "evidence". To my surprise, he asked if he could have it as he was interested enough to read it.

At the end of our conversation he did indicate that investigations for a pituitary problem might be the next step (so to speak ..) and I'll be seeing my GP on Friday (at 7am, no less, and you get 15 minutes at that time in the morning apparently ..) so we'll see how it goes. The very least I'll be asking for is blood tests to rule out a pituitary problem which I think are IGF-1, ACTH and prolactin (and any others anyone else can suggest - thanks in advance for that).

At my dental check-up today I did get a bit further forward, however.  As mentioned in a previous post, I have noticed my deteriorating eyesight more lately and have also been having tremendous face-ache with aching in the roof of my mouth, all teeth, sides of my nose, sinuses, back of my head, and my the spaces between my lower front teeth seem to be widening. The dentist immediately started to explain about Acromegaly which is part of the symptom picture of pituitary disorders, and jaw changes and widening lower teeth spaces plus the visual field defects are aclassic symptom picture, apparently (with hypothyroid, hyperparathyroid and other endocrine over/under secretion as further symptoms).

Phew!  alien  Could I really be getting somewhere at last? Even though it might not turn out to be where I thought I was going in the first place (i.e. to Tampa). ?  I'll be able to give a fasting blood sample on Friday after seeing the GP - I'll probably be there before the staff who take the blood! And the results will be back by Tuesday (at least this happens quite fast here ...) so I'll report back again then.

IN THE MEANTIME - all fingers and toes crossed for Amanda and Jasmine tomorrow who have significant appointments if I recall correctly. Apologies if I've got this wrong. I daren't leave this post and go look for the correct info as I usually manage to 'disappear' the post somehow when I do that. No doubt they'll post their eagerly awaited replies on their return.

Love to All from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Saw the foot lump man Empty Re: Saw the foot lump man

Post by lozza Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Hi Tigerlily,

" walker close" ok I love it, sound like you had a good conversation, and the fact he has gone away with info, is a good thing.

I wish you all the best with GP, cross fingers

best wishes

Lozza Very Happy

lozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:54 pm

Many thanks, Lozza - sometimes it's just to talk with someone who listens, isn't it?

A bit like being here on the forum!

Love Tigerlilyxx.

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum