Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Tests

3 posters

Go down

Blood Tests Empty Blood Tests

Post by Lucie83 Tue May 13, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi

Could someone clarify whether blood tests for PTH needs to be done in the morning for a true reading? I read that sometimes if blood is taken in the morning but not tested until later that day it doesn't give a true reading?

I had a blood test done on Calcium and PTH a few months back in the morning and it was my highest PTH result.

Thank you

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Blood Tests Empty Re: Blood Tests

Post by Tigerlily Tue May 13, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi Lucie

Others will chip in here, but I always try to have my bloods taken between 8-9 am and fasting.
I read somewhere that PTH is usually taken in the morning as once you are up and about it starts to increase, and peaks at 2am.

LabTestsOnline is a good source of information about this type of thing, and they will answer questions even if you don't use their service for your blood testing.

Love Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Tue May 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Pth test must get to the lab as quickly as poss, we have ours done end of the morning as the lab picks up at midday. If its left hanging about at the surgery or in transit the lab won't test it.
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie83 Tue May 13, 2014 8:05 pm

I'm having a blonde moment but can anyone convert these for me so I can use the Nomogram

(This was my last blood results, previously my Calcium & PTH were higher)

Intact PTH: 2.4 (Range1.1 - 6.9 pmol/L)
Calcium: 2.55 mmol/L (Range 2.2 - 2.6)
Corrected Calcium: 2.49 (Range 2.2 - 2.6)
Vitamin D: 140nmo/l

My Vitamin was check just before I left Sydney so I'd had 6 months of Vitamin D but it hasn't been checked since

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down