Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use http://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Anyone seen Private Endo?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone seen Private Endo?

Post by Lucie83 on Fri May 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi
I have an appointment on Tues @ 5:00pm with a private Endo. He wants to carry out the usual tests to check HPTH and if necessary some scans at some point. I'm just wondering if anybody has been private and how their testing works differently to NHS? It's a 45 min drive one way for me so I was wondering if he wanted bloods done, do they advise morning blood tests and are they done in the private hospital?
Thank you

Lucie83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen Private Endo?

Post by Johnny1967 on Fri May 16, 2014 1:51 pm

They are done at the private hospital. The endo will probably not worry about time of tests. Unless it is cortisol or acth or other pit hormone testing.

Johnny1967

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh on Fri May 16, 2014 3:11 pm

I see a private endo but all my blood tests are done by the GP. I had a dexa and kidney scan done on the NHS. It is very expensive if all tests are done privately. I worked out it would be over £300 just for the blood tests but thankfully my GP did them all. Do check the costs before agreeing to tests and extra costs like taking the blood and lab fees may be on top of the basic price.

Nelly
Hadleigh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie83 on Fri May 16, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi
Fortunately I have private health insurance and I'm covered for consultation and tests. The consultation alone is £200

Lucie83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh on Fri May 16, 2014 4:34 pm

Thats a reasonable price, my first appt was £350 but I did get over 2 hours with her so can't complain.
Hadleigh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum