Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My pharmacy can't get cholecalciferol

2 posters

Go down

My pharmacy can't get cholecalciferol Empty My pharmacy can't get cholecalciferol

Post by Meggy Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:19 pm

The first pharmacy had none, the second had about 6 weeks worth but I was prescribed a lot more (11 months!), I ache more since taking it but do feel brighter and was supposed to be taking it for 12 weeks then repeat bloods. The 2nd pharmacy are saying they can't get hold of it - it's Boots, it's a huge company, so is cholecalciferol not being produced any more or is vit D deficiency being picked up more which could explain the shortage? To confuse things I've had an appointment through to see the ent surgeon this week but surely he won't consider anything while they're trying to sort out my blood levels. Oh well, at least I know someone is alive out there.

Oh yes, the pharmacy have told me that if I can't get this drug I'll have to ask for something else to be prescribed and pay the prescription fee again! What a cheek.

Meggy

Back to top Go down

My pharmacy can't get cholecalciferol Empty Re: My pharmacy can't get cholecalciferol

Post by Hadleigh Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Meggy you can buy D3 over the counter so you don't have to have a script for it. A company called Better You do a liquid spray in different strengths or you can just buy a D3 supplement.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

My pharmacy can't get cholecalciferol Empty Re: My pharmacy can't get cholecalciferol

Post by Meggy Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:19 pm

What a numpty, I never even thought to check!

Meggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum