Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aching throbbing hands and feet

+2
Meggy
Amanda Lynne
6 posters

Go down

Aching throbbing hands and feet Empty Aching throbbing hands and feet

Post by Amanda Lynne Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Does anyone else get painful achey throbbing feet, mine hurt all the time but recently, even before the hot weather. My hands also feel like this.
It's like a burning ache and they feel swollen. Feet are puffy but hands aren't even though they feel it.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Aching throbbing hands and feet Empty Re: Aching throbbing hands and feet

Post by Meggy Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Yes. Also my upper arms hurt and feel really heavy.

Meggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:22 am

Hi Amanda,
Yes definitely to all, my feet always feel like they have been run over with a steamroller especially during the night, sometimes it is the joints of my big toes that throb.  I too get the upper arm pain but it is more the underarm area, my batwings!  I've been pretty busy the last couple of weeks as had my mum to stay as it was her birthday, I took her home on Sunday.  I just feel drained this week but am enjoying the lovely weather, may have runner beans ready by Sunday.
Take care,
Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:07 am

Hi Sue
Hope you had a lovely time with your Mum. Yes my feet feel like that all the time as well.
It's just now they feel really tight as well as if they are really swollen and they aren't.
I think it's probably the extra vit d from all the sun we've been having Crying or Very sad  sunny 
Upper arms are ok but lower legs feel like lead.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Before my parathyroid surgery, my hands always felt swollen, but they weren't. I've been having trouble with edema in my feet and legs for many years, and, as most of you know, it has just recently worsened greatly. I do think I have finally figured out why. I will be posting about that very shortly. I also have had upper arm and thigh stiffness and pain in all 4 limbs. Also, the fingers of my left hand have been stiff and sore for close to 4 years now. I forgot to mention that the pain and stiffness in my upper arms and thighs has also been with me for close to 4 years. I thought this was all from HPT. A few months ago, I started thinking it just might be something else. That will all be in my new post.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:13 pm

I also forgot to mention that 8 months post-op I still have stiff, painful upper arms and thighs and fingers of my left hand. So I guess it wasn't a symptom of HPT after all. Turns out, quite a few of my symptoms must not have been HPT symptoms!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by NancyMi Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi Amanda,
     I have to agree with you.  My feet, along with tiredness, were the first things to bother me.  I had to make sure that the shoe I was wearing fit well and was not too big and did not have a very high heel. 

How are you besides the feet?  
How is your iron level? 

xoxo,  Nancy

NancyMi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi Nancy
My iron is doing well it's 94 at the moment (well 1 month ago) and I've not had an infusion since last November so that's a relief.
I'm no better I'm afraid in fact the pains in my lower legs, feet & hands are getting worse. If I've been on my feet for a while they are agony and I have to sit and put them up for a while to make them feel better (the feet I mean not my hands, that would look silly) cheers 
I'm really tired all the time and my concentration is awful. I have to keep re-reading some of the posts with more than a paragraph until they make sense.
Trying to type stuff for work is a nightmare, I keep losing my place and typing things that aren't there.
Other half has to check everything before I email it. Incase I've quoted the wrong figures when giving people prices. It's been known that I've quoted hundreds instead of thousands for a full kitchen refit in a massive house, good job it was checked before that went to customer.
I'd be in danger of bankrupting us !!!!! Rolling Eyes  affraid 
That does get very frustrating as I'm not an idiot but I feel like one and has caused many an argument !!!!
How are you feeling now, did they decide what the lump was they removed ? (Sorry if you've already answered this, damn brain fog)
Are you still getting the same symptoms ? If so what is your next course of action ?
I hope you aren't still fighting to get a diagnosis have you had your bloods done recently ?
Love Amanda xxxx

Last edited by Amanda Lynne on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wobbly brain lost track of gist of post and I had to reign it in and do corrections.)
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Well, I totally forgot to mention that the pain in my feet was and still is one of my worst symptoms. Although, I can walk much easier now, standing is still very painful for me. I sure hope this goes away soon. Hopefully, we will all be running marathons very soon!

Amanda, I totally understand the brain fog and inability to concentrate. At one point during the 3 years I was trying to get diagnosed with HPT, I was so irritated with my husband because he kept complaining about this symptom of mine. I finally just said to him, "Look, I have a disease that causes my brain NOT to work. That's the way it is, and you're just going to have to deal with it!" I don't know what he wanted me to do about it. I was fighting and begging for a diagnosis. There was nothing more I could do! I'm still having some trouble with this, and I'm blaming it on the adrenal issue now. Sure hope it all resolves when this problem is taken care of. I miss my brain.  drunken 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:57 am

Amanda, my feet and hand pain comes and goes, I do get it but it's not constant, but when I do get it boy does it hurt! My hands are worse than my feet and they absolutely throb, they do swell a little but they feel as though they are very swollen. I would say that my hands and shins, and the foot pain when I get it, are the worst for me although I do get pain in my upper arms and lumbar back too. Plus lots of muscular aches and pains everywhere, especially in my calves; and don't get me started on the brain fog ...... Twisted Evil

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Jasmine that sounds exactly like mine does and it's been really bad recently  Crying or Very sad 
I wonder if it's to do with the extra vit d from all the sun ? 
When have you got your next appointment with FP.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:45 pm

I was thinking the same thing about the sun. I don't actually have an appointment with FP, he said he would ring me when he gets the CaSR report back and we'll go from there. I have another appointment to see Miles Levy on 14th August to discuss my MRI and blood and urine test results. I've received copies from his secretary - for some reason he didn't check my PTH this time (although I do remember him telling me once that he's only really interested in the calcium levels) but my adjusted calcium remains high at 2.82, in fact it's higher than the last few times but I suspect that's due to increased Vit D from the sun. I'm a bit puzzled by my MRI report; it stated that there is no evidence of a pituitary adenoma (phew!) but that the pituitary stalk was thickened and slightly deviated to the left. I haven't consulted Dr Google yet to check that out as the reports only came in the post yesterday and we were at a wedding all day, but hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi Jasmine
Roll on the CaSR results for both of us  I love you 
That calcium reading is high no wonder you are getting lots of symptoms.
Thank god you don't have pit tumour but as for the other comments I don't have a clue either so I can't offer any wise comments. Glad you got through the wedding and hope you get answers when you see M Levy.
Lots of love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum