Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't wait till next week!

+2
Little Audrey
mealinacup1
6 posters

Go down

I can't wait till next week! Empty I can't wait till next week!

Post by mealinacup1 Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I am getting excited about my appointment a week today at Hammersmith Hospital and if i am lucky enough to see FP i have so many questions,
i will have to write them down, because with brain fog sometimes i can just about remember my name and date of birth!

The time has come round so fast, maybe its due to me taking my mind of this horrible condition by cycliing in the park ( incidentally i have mentioned i can get lost anywhere, well i lost my sense of direction last Friday in Richmond Park, that is why that bike ride took 5 miles and i nearly had an anxiety attack, because i forgot my phone as well!)

I know i should be patient, but all i want to do is run into FP's office and state calmly " Get this thing out of me now!". 

Time will tell.

I hope you are all well, as well as you can be.

Take care

Diana x

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

I can't wait till next week! Empty Re: I can't wait till next week!

Post by Little Audrey Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:21 pm

You have every reason to be excited, Diana! Every new appointment gives us hope, and we all need hope!

Sorry about the bike incident. If if makes you feel better, I once got lost in a big department store while shopping! I honestly could not find my way out of the store! As I walked around, pretending I was shopping, hoping no one would notice I was lost, I started to panic myself. I mean, I knew I would eventually find my way out, but it was still frightening.

Good luck with the appointment! Hopefully, this will be it!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:42 pm

I would also be excited if I was you, Diana! If you have a brain like mine (ie not all there due to braineo foggyeo Wink) I would like to say that it's a great idea to jot down any questions so that you can refer to them whilst you're there in case you forget. 

Don't worry about losing your sense of direction - these days I can practically lose my way in my own house   affraid I can get lost anywhere and always lose the car in the car park. I hopefully press the key fob to make its lights flash and this really doesn't help when you're on the wrong floor of a multi storey car park! 

When is your appointment? You've probably said before but I've forgotten! 

Take care whilst counting the days! 

Love 
Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Good luck with your appointment Diana, I'd be excited too - in fact I DO get excited when I see FP - as you're going to be in the hands of the experts! As I recall your appointment is the day before Tigerlily's, am I right? If I am right then I'm going to do a clicky heel happy dance (if my poor old knees and feet will let me) for actually remembering something! Can't wait to hear all about it, got everything crossed for you.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Not long now Diana, I'm sure you will sorted very quickly now you are actually seeing FP.
Don't worry about getting lost, I had lunch with a friend today, went to the toilet and couldn't remember which door out of three I had come in by and ended up trying all 3 just to get out of there. 2 were locked stock cupboards thank goodness otherwise I might have ended up in Narnia !!!!!
Love Amanda xxxx

Last edited by Amanda Lynne on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My brain my brain my poor brain !!!!)
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi Audrey,

Thank you for your understanding, about my bad sense of direction and yes it is frightening when it happens, but for a moment there i felt panicky especially with no phone, but i also knew i could find my way home, I just had to calm myself down.

I will let you know what happens next week and I hope your son gets well soon. xx

Hi Brigitte
It is definitely reassuring that I am not the only one with a poor sense of direction, is  this  a symptom of parathyroid disease?
My appointment with FP is on the 12th of August  the day before Tigerlilly. I have decided to bring my daughter as an extra pair of ears!

Take care, i will let you know what the out come is. xx

Hi Jasmine,
I really hope this man is as good as his reputation, I suppose this is where the patience comes in and yes you are right my appointment is the day before Tigerlilly I am on the 12th and  Tigerlilly is on the 13th.
I will let you know what happens, take care now xx

Hi Amanda,
Your comment was soooo  funny,  I loved those books as a child  “ The lion the witch and the wardrobe”  funny enough I always  fascinated by the land of Narnia, but I have to say a wardrobe is  a step up from a locked stock cupboard.
It was a laugh out loud moment!!
I will let you know what happens, take care xx

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Oh you get a lot of laugh out loud moments with Amanda, Diana! Sometimes just reading Amanda's posts means the difference between me sinking into poor me mode or having a good chuckle and thinking s*d it, pull yourself together girl, chins up and get on with your day! Amanda, you're going through so much cr*p yourself yet you still manage to pick us up with your humour and anecdotes! I only hope you manage to feel the same support back from your forum buddies as you give to us!

Love and hugs

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Ditto, Jasmine.  flower 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Absolutely on the nail, Jasmine! I think Amanda is keeping me sane. She's definitely the best sit down comedienne I've ever heard! 

Diana, my sense of direction has been missing since birth! My mum reckons I'd find it in Australia, since she lost hers when she came over to England and has only ever found it on a visit back to Oz. I've never got to test the theory yet! 

Love 
Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:29 pm

Awww shucks girls I'm so touched you find my comments a help. It's just something I do to cope with all the crap. I must say it's very little compared with all the love, help, sympathy and kind thoughts you all send back to me which gets me through the really rough patches, so thank you sooooooo much for doing that and I shall keep on being silly just to keep you all happy.
My kids just think I'm loopy but we do sometimes cry with laughter when I get started.  Laughing 
Lots of love n hugs to you all.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Bless you, Amanda - keep it up girl - along with the chins!!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx    cat  I love you  cat  I love you

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down