Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good News (with annoying information)

+3
Amanda Lynne
Hadleigh
Brigitte0
7 posters

Go down

Good News (with annoying information) Empty Good News (with annoying information)

Post by Brigitte0 Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:51 pm

I've got an appointment in the Surgeon's Clinic on 1st September  cheers  Very Happy 

Now for the rant, (please humour me). Back at the end of June, I found a breast lump and ended up going for a mammogram/ultrasound etc. It was all fine and just a cyst and I saw one of the consultant's team. I already had another appointment with the consultant for a couple of weeks later and when I went to the desk to be discharged, the receptionist said that they would cancel the follow up appointment because due to a new policy, they did all the connected appointments in one day and that the follow up appointment was an error. But guess what? It wasn't a follow up appointment, it was the appointment with the Surgeon for my HPT!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr, I'm annoyed  Evil or Very Mad  So when I rang the Surgeon's secretary several times and she said it was "in hand" it wasn't at all!! Amanda's idea for giving her a slap was spot on. It was lucky my GP was on a guilt trip about prescribing me vitamin D with calcium (idiot) and asked me to go in for a check up on the HPT last Thursday when I was on a very, very bad, can't cope sort of day with that slipped I Am Brave sticker! The GP phoned the Surgeon the same day and the hospital sent me out the appointment on Friday which I got today.

I'll climb down off my soapbox now. It is true that my Surgeon seems to be a Jack of All Trades, in that he operates on all sorts of benign lumps, including breast lumps, hernias and thyroid/parathyroids and his clinic is in what is commonly referred to as the Ladies hospital as otherwise this confusion might never have arisen. If his clinic was across the road at the General, it would not have been linked and if I'd never had a lump that needed investigating at around the same time at the Ladies hospital, that would never have caused a muddle either! I also think it would be more helpful if they added more information on the letter rather than say "You have been referred to Blah's clinic and an appointment has been arranged". There needs to be a bit more added as to why you are going to Blah's clinic so that assumptions aren't made by Know-it-All receptionists. In my opinion.

On a happier note, Hooray! And I can now celebrate the fact that something is going to happen when Mr 0 takes me out for a meal tonight for our Silver Wedding Anniversary  Smile I'm just resting up now so I don't fall over later  Wink 

Love, hugs and where are those cats?  cat  cat  cat  cat 
Brigitte xxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Good News (with annoying information) Empty Re: Good News (with annoying information)

Post by Hadleigh Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:02 pm

Congrats on getting the appt and on your Silver Anni  cheers 

I hope you don't have a long wait for surgery, so far its been 6 months for me and I won't be surprised if its longer, so much for the 18 week target  scratch 

Enjoy your evening out, have a great time.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Good News (with annoying information) Empty Re: Good News (with annoying information)

Post by Amanda Lynne Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi Brigitte
Thank goodness you got that all sorted in the end. They could make these things so much easier if they just considered the patient one in a while. Good you didn't wait for the blasted secretary !!!!! All in hand my a**e.
Good news that the lump was a cyst, I had all that plus a core biopsy a week after PTH surgery and had to wait a week to get results, it seemed the longest week of my life.
Ladies hospital sounds very old fashioned, at least you won't get old men wandering around the wards half undressed, well if you do they won't be patients but vvv strange visitors affraid 
Have a wonderful Silver Wedding Anniversary and a brilliant evening with Mr O.
Lots of love from Amanda  cat  cat  cheers  king  queen Xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:38 pm

Oh, Brigitte - ultimately, after all the faffing about - that is really good news! Only 3 weeks away!
Sooo pleased for you!

Congrats to you both on your Silver Wedding Anniversary and have a wonderful evening out.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by lozza Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:58 pm

congrats on silver wedding anniversary and have a great night out.

best wishes
lozza

lozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:02 pm

Good news Brigitte  and Happy Anniversary to you.Cheers

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:57 pm

Thank you ladies. We had a lovely time but I'm absolutely shattered now! I don't do late these days unless I can't sleep, which of course is the case now! 

Love, hugs and thanks again
Brigitte xxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:43 am

Great news, Brigitte!! So happy for you!! Yes, you would think the medical professionals would consider what we are going through just once in a while!

And I thought I wished you a Happy Anniversary somewhere here, but I sure as heck don't remember where. So anyway, Happy Silver Anniversary! Very glad you had such a nice time out!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:45 am

Very happy for you Brigitte, and Happy Anniversary. Let us know how appointment went.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down