Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having a blue day :-(

+3
Brigitte0
mealinacup1
Lucie83
7 posters

Go down

Having a blue day :-( Empty Having a blue day :-(

Post by Lucie83 Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Afternoon All,

I just wanted to come on here as I'm feeling a little blue today  Sad  

As you all understand it's the usual fiasco with HPTH or even waiting for the diagnosis but also fed up of looking at myself in the mirror and seeing a lack of sparkle! Everything about me looks and feels dull. Does anybody have days like these? I feel like I need to be taken to a garage for a full MOT, fixed, polished up and send back shiny and ready to go.

I've had this bizarre burning/pin prick feeling in my tongue today that is driving me mad! I'm not sure whether it's a spasm somewhere but it hurts!  My hip hurts which I think is causing my groin to ache  Mad My hair is thinning around my parting and hairline and it's really getting me down as well as the rest of the symptoms. 

Sorry for the rant!

Lucie xxxx

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Having a blue day :-( Empty Re: Having a blue day :-(

Post by mealinacup1 Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi Lucie,

Yes i have days like that, sometimes after a bad nights sleep trying to get comfortable, i just want to pull the duvet over my head and stay put!

I think we all continue on with our daily lives and commitments, just because we have to, even though our bodies ache, fatigue, brain fog, headaches and thinning hair especially at the front (In my case!) 
I look in the mirror and think i know i am in there somewhere and on good days its great to be back to my old self, but on bad days i am kind to myself and think hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

So Lucie i hope tomorrow is a better day for you and on this forum you are connecting with people who understand what you are going through and feeling.

Take care

Diana x

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie83 Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Thank you Diana. I know we are all suffering and without this sounding too cliche, nobody understands it apart from the Forum.

My hair too is at the front Diana - it's so annoying isn't it.

Chin up all xx

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Oh Lucie, I think it's definitely a bad day today and I can join you in Dismal Land. Have some massive cyber hugs to help uplift you. I do agree that it is difficult to find anyone who understands exactly what you're going through, unless you talk to people here. So you're not alone, we all understand and support you and commiserate with you when you're down. And give you hugs!!

I am very dull at the moment and even with polishing, I don't sparkle! People are actually starting to say I don't look well so it must have got bad. I try to avoid looking in the mirror Wink

Take care Lucie, you're not on your own, but it's good to share your rant and I hope you feel a bit better by coming on here and getting it out of your system.

Love and Hugs

Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi Lucie,
I am so sorry you are having a rough day, I know how it feels and it really wears you down.  It is easy to say it will pass but eventually it does, I feel like I can have four seasons in one day sometimes.  I use the Rescue drops when I feel really anxious, not sure if it is placebo effect but they certainly help me, if I can keep a lid on the anxiety then I just about get through each day.  I find I just cannot relax, am clenching every muscle which adds to the aches and tiredness.  Just wanted to give a gentle hug and say sorry you had a bad day.
Hugs Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi Lucie
I'm feeling the same, I feel tired, sad and I don't have any sparkle left either. I think my fringe is getting thinner but others can't tell any difference, my whole hair feels thinner.
I get a very sore tongue, I'm not sure what that's about.
We do understand, even when your nearest and dearest try they can't really feel how we feel, it's something you have to experience to know how devastating this disease really is.
Take care of yourself and maybe do something to spoil yourself, just to raise your spirits, it sometimes helps.
Lots of love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie83 Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Thank you all, the support is comforting.

Hope you have a good evening xx

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Rant on, Lucie. It's your right when you are cursed with this $%#&$% disease! Please know that eventually it WILL pass, and you will be well again and have your sparkle back. I promise you that. I know it seems that time will never come, but it will! Many cyber hugs on the way for you. Stay strong and march on! Some day you will kick this disease's butt and kick it hard!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:44 am

Hi Lucie, sorry about your blue day, I also have them and the hip pain. I really didn't have to much fatigue but now I do I think that really makes it hard. But like Dr Aud said we will kick this damn disease's butt [ bum]
XXX Kathi alien  alien  alien  sending green guys to cheer you up.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum