Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ectopic Beats driving me mad!

3 posters

Go down

Ectopic Beats driving me mad! Empty Ectopic Beats driving me mad!

Post by Lucie83 Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Afternoon All,

Sorry to come on here at rant! I've suffered with palpitations or ectopic beats for years but in the last year and a half they are more apparent. I've had 2 24hr ECG's, 2 Echo & 2 Stress Tests all to be told heart function is perfect and they are benign Ectopic Beats. When I went to my GP 2 weeks ago to ask to have my PTH & Calcium etc tested, again, he mentioned the last 24hr revealed a heart block while sleeping but no concern as we all experience a block in our sleep. However, having tried to tell him my Calcium has been elevated, normal, elevated, PTH high normal, normal, midrange h (you know the cycle) he said if my palpitations continue, come back and they'll sort another 24hr ECG for me  affraid  I feel like screaming as I know I don't need another monitor, I need someone to realise the cause of my ectopic beats and disturbed heart beat!

I can have a week of no ectopics and then they are constant but of course I become more aware of them when they start which I know doesn't help but I just can't relax myself when I get these! They are driving me insane!

I was told exercise is good for palpitations but I can barely cut the grass without sweating and needing a rest!

Lucie xxxx

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Ectopic Beats driving me mad! Empty Re: Ectopic Beats driving me mad!

Post by Hadleigh Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi Lucie

There is often no apparent reason for ectopics, they just happen. Being stressed by them will make them worse as the extra adrenaline caused by worry will make them worse and you will be more aware of them. If you have had lots of tests and they are all normal then it is quite probably anxiety related.

Have you been referred to a Cardio Con ? if they are offering more tests then take them, it's the only way to find out for sure.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi Lucie I sympathise I have these and sometimes they get really bad, possibly when I'm stressed or start to notice them more. I can have just a couple of beats and then a long pause and when it starts again it's a real thump, I can have this for days and it is exhausting. I'd also say try to not get stressed about them but I know how hard that is, also I've noticed I get them much more when my iron is low. Have you had yours tested recently ?
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie83 Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi Amanda

That is exactly how mine are, it feels like it pauses and then thumps again and can go on like this. I haven't had my iron tested for a while but my last blood test showed my Magnesium was yet again in the lower range and wondered if this can trigger it off? I'm at the GP next week anyway to try and convince them to test me every month for Calcium & PTH, I have my email from FP to show them  Razz 

Lucie xx

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi Lucie I think low magnesium can cause palps, is it possible for you to take a low dose to see if that improves it, when you ask for bloods you could ask for ferritin as well.
Just poke them in the eye with the FP letter if they become awkward.
 Shocked  cyclops 
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie83 Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Thank you x

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down