Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New appointment at Hammersmith!

+5
Kathi209
Meggy
Tigerlily
Jasmine2
mealinacup1
9 posters

Go down

New appointment at Hammersmith! Empty New appointment at Hammersmith!

Post by mealinacup1 Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi all,
I received a voice mail on Friday the 22nd August reminding me for a appointment on the 26th of August at 8.45 at Hammersmiths Endocrinology Department, this is strange as i have no letter for this appointment and i was at Hammersmith on the 12th and all i had done was a blood test.
I tried unsuccessfully to contact the Hospital to confirm if this is indeed a mistake on Friday as no one answered the phone and as today is a Bank Holiday i am pretty much none the wiser???
So i have decided to go to the appointment anyway and i have kept the voice mail on my phone as evidence!
Has anyone else received a voicemail telling them about a appointment they have no correspondence about??

Thanks

Diana xx

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

New appointment at Hammersmith! Empty Re: New appointment at Hammersmith!

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Not personally Diana but my poor elderly mum had a similar - but opposite - thing happen to her a few weeks ago. She was on the orthopaedic surgical list for a knee replacement with a date for her surgery of 5th August. She had attended her pre op assessment appointment and was all psyched up and ready for her surgery when a couple of days before she received a letter in the post to say that as she had failed to keep her anaesthetist appointment she had been cancelled off the surgery list. She was so upset as she had never received this appointment and knew nothing about it; when she rang up to query it she was told the anaesthetist needed to give her a check up before her surgery as a precaution because of her previous surgery for lung cancer, and that a message had been left on her voicemail - she doesn't have voicemail, a mobile phone or an answer machine so basically someone was telling lies to cover up a mistake! I agree Diana, if I were you I would definitely attend. Sounds like someone has made a mistake somewhere but it might just work to your advantage.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Yes, I should go to the appointment, Diana, if it's not too much trouble for you. It might be to discuss the results of the blood test. They took a lot of blood when I was there first and FP said they would be "testing for everything".

After seeing FP I had a letter come with an appointment for 29 October with FP. Then two letters came in the post for an US and a nuclear scan on the same day, 16 September. I'm assuming that the 29 October appointment will be to discuss the blood tests and scans and then hopefully to schedule an operation date.

Hope you get to the bottom of this - do let us know.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

PS. Jasmine - I hope you gave someone a rocket for upsetting your Mum like that - yes, I'm sure you did!

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Meggy Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:22 pm

I've had text messages reminding me of an appointment I knew nothing about, the letter turned up a couple of days later. If you have the chance I would ring and confirm the appointment, especially if you have a long way to go.

Meggy

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi Jasmine, Tigerlilly, Meggy,

Thank you for your advice really appreciate it.

I have to be there for 8.30am i know i'm local but London traffic can be a nightmare at that time of the morning and apparently it will be raining tomorrow and when that happens buses seem to disappear!!
So its a bit to early to try and confirm it, i will just go and see how it works out, feeling rather shattered as my brother and his wife and children came to stay for Bank Holiday Weekend, i hope FP doesn't want to take a blood test tomorrow, as i have indulged in lovely meals and a little to much red wine!!! Smile

PS what appalling treatment your poor mum, Jasmine its bad enough being as ill as she is without all that added stress!

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:08 am

Hi Diana. I hope your appointment was a success, and they didn't call the wrong person. Like Tigerlily said if you had some lab work done it must be to talk about that. Let us know how it went.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:51 am

Good luck with your appointment Diana, hope they don't mess you around.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:04 am

Yes, best of luck Diana, hope it goes well. 

Love and hugs 
Brigitte xxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:19 am

Well you'll either be there or en route right now Diana, so fingers crossed it's a good appointment and all goes well for you. Hope your journey wasn't too horrendous in all this rain!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi everyone, I haven't been in touch due to internet problems, locking myself out of this forum because I couldn't remember my own password!! (Brain fog)
 Well the appointment on Tuesday morning was a bit of a fiasco.
    I left home at 7am to get there for 8.35am, i arrived there 10 minutes early, no one on the reception i tried to log myself in, but the log in system seemed to be malfunctioning! The receptionist arrived and i explained about my voicemail appointment, i also tried to let her listen to it only to find out that in that part of the building you can get no signal!
     I explained that the message said to come to Hammersmith hospital at 8.35, i couldn’t make out the department, as it just a quick voicemail, so i assumed it was Endocrinology as that is the only department i had been to.
      So it was now nearly 9am and the consultant had not arrived yet, a nurse informed us that they were going to ring up and find out what was going on.
      More people arrived and sat down, i became increasingly worried that maybe the voice mail appointment was a mistake so i waited, we all waited.
       The nurse informed us that they couldn't get through to FP Secretary and they apologised for the delay, so at 10am the nurse informed us that there had been a mix up FP was away and the Clinic should have been cancelled!! She informed us that another registrar was on their way and should be there at 11am.
       By this time i had had enough i was hungry, stressed, to scared to go to the toilet in case my name was called, so i decided to leave. i told the receptionist that i was going home, i was convinced the voicemail was a mistake!
       As i was just out of the building my phone rang it was the receptionist, telling me the registrar had informed her i should have been at RADIOLOY for a CT scan, there was nothing said about this on the voicemail!! She asked if i was still in the building and could i come back to have the scan.
I was
 now at Radiology waiting after explaining my situation; i was now losing the will to live!!! Radiology and the CT scan was fine, i went to the cafe and brought a cake and a coffee and got on the bus home.
All in all including  travelling  time it took me 6 and a half hour for 1 appointment!
I arrived home and was so tired, I went for a sleep for 2 and a half hours.

Take care everyone.   Diana x

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Oh Diana what a horrible experience you must have been shattered. What amazes me is that people go to hospital because they are unwell and a 6 1/2 hour round trip is exhausting and will make you feel worse.
I get told off at home for keep saying this but in any other industry this attitude and performance wouldn't be tolerated, yet when we are at our most vulnerable we have to deal with this incompetence. I do hope you will tell FP what happened when you do see him.
At least they caught you in time to get the CT done, going back again would have been ridiculous.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Oh Diana, what a fiasco; no wonder you were worn out, you poor thing! It's all too easy for hospitals to mess up appointments, it seems. I'm glad you actually got the CT scan so it wasn't an entirely wasted journey, but all that waiting and worrying must have been very stressful. I hope you've recovered from the ordeal now and it's another thing done, which is great. 

Love and loads of hugs 
Brigitte xxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Meggy Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:22 pm

You poor thing, bad enough at the best of times but this rotten condition makes us so vulnerable; I would have been sobbing in a corner. I hope you are feeling recovered now and have been able to have more pleasant days since.

Meggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:20 pm

Sorry to hear about this, Diana, and I very much you have recovered from it all now - you must have been totally exhausted. But better to get the CT scan done whilst you were there.

That receptionist was at least on the ball. I fear that FP's NHS secretary isn't, I'm afraid.

Put it behind you and I hope the CT scan shows a poorly parathyroid for you. (Terrible to hope for these things, I know - we are sad, aren't we?!)

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:51 pm

Oh my gosh Diana, How do they get so mixed up. that would make me blow my fuse. I have to say every time I go to UCSF in California which takes me 2 hours to get there, office visit or a scans they really have there stuff together. They even call a couple of days later to ask if everything went well was the staff helpful. Maybe that is why everyone is so great there. That doesn't happen in my little home town.
You did get your scan done even if it took all day, so not a total waste of time. Hang in there Diana we will all though this.  Take care  Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:40 pm

Hi Diana,
Gosh what a run around you had, no wonder you felt shattered.  With such an early start I can well understand how frustrated you must have felt.  I am so glad that it finally wasn't a total wasted journey and that they did get you back in time to have your CT scan.  I too hope you do not have to wait too long to get the results and that it shows exactly where it is hiding.
Sue x
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your support and i am glad i actually had the CT scan done in the end, but it was an eventful day.

Take Care everyone,

Diana xx

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:25 am

Wow, Diana, what a nightmare!!! What an awful day you had. I'm so glad it's over!

Yes, at least you got the scan done. You're one step closer! Won't be long now!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down