Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use http://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Phone Call from Endo's Secretary !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Phone Call from Endo's Secretary !!!

Post by Amanda Lynne on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi All 
I just had a phone call from Endos secretary saying that as my appt on 11/9/14 was with "Registrar" could I make an appt on 4/9/14 with Actual Endo !!!!! I of course said yes. 
I know I told her that I didn't want to see Registrar again but that was months ago, I'm wondering why she has suddenly contacted me changing it !!! She never did before when I've complained about Registrar.
Does she have some news !!!!!! Or is it just a cancellation.
Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased to be seeing her and earlier than expected but I'm just a little apprehensive about what I might find out at appt. FHH ? Maybe something to do with Growth Hormone test, I never got reply to last email !!!
Oh well I guess I'll find out on 4th. I'd be surprised if it's FHH as Jasmine hasn't heard anything yet and she had hers done before me.
I'll probably come away without being much further on and have to wait another 3 mths for appt !!!
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Phone Call from Endo's Secretary !!!

Post by Tigerlily on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Nooooo - positive thinking, Amanda! Maybe they've been doing some research in the meantime and feel they should see you sooner.

At least someone's on your case and you've been moved to the top of the pile, even if it is only a cancellation.

It won't be long now, and it could just be your FHH results, as I can't think they do them in any order - not efficient enough for that!

Hope that's perked you up a bit and you're feeling a little more like the Rich Tea and Tea procedure today!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi Amanda,
I think that whatever the reason they have for changing your appointment it must be a positive move.  Firstly it has been brought forward and secondly seeing the big boss has to be an improvement.   They may have some news but it is hard to try and second guess but being seen by top dog has to be a bonus.
I've just rung my endo sec as not heard anything after ringing her last week as requested.  She said a letter has been sent saying that my calcium has slightly increased since starting Vitamin D and he wants me to continue on the low dose for another 2 months and then do the 24 hr urine. I told her I could not change the appointment and would be doing the test next week and she said the appt system was really silly and not to worry.  
Wishing you luck that the FHH gets ruled out!
Remember to take a break from accounts this afternoon!
Hugs Sue
Lucycatnaps

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Good news that you've been bumped up a week Amanda, and to see the consultant; impossible to speculate as to the reason I guess, but think positive! It may well be your FHH results, who knows? It might depend which lab they use. Although my blood sample originally went to North Thames Genetics Centre they sent it on to the Oxford lab, and you're right I'm still waiting to hear - it will be nine weeks on Thursday since they received it.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi Tigerlily, Jasmine & Sue
I have actually had a cup of tea  cheers How sad am I ????
For lunch I had a slice of chicken and a plain rice cake  bounce Tum still not right (I won't go into details except to say frequency good quality not so!!!!!!! affraid Embarassed ) sorry if you are eating !!!!!
I feel a whole lot better but I think it could be a while before I'm eating properly.
Yes I am feeling very positive, at least I get to meet Endo face to face Sad Mad Neutral Mine
Rolling Eyes Shocked affraid Hers !!!!
I'm not sure what extra info to take with me as she has it all in duplicate, I will take a list of questions and a pen as my brain will go blank the minute I sit down and if she gets round to answering any I will forget what she said as soon as I've left her office.
I so don't want to be her claim to fame that she finally found a FHH patient but if she has results and it's not FHH whoop whoop watch out FP here I come  lol!
Jasmine I think mine went further south, I can't remember but I thought Southampton (I could be wrong) hope you are soon in the clear, yours must be coming your way any day. Xxx
Sue I'm glad your Endos secretary realises how difficult it's been for you with the appointments, it helps when they are understanding. Quotations and invoices completed cheers I may treat myself to a rich tea biscuit.Very Happy
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:08 pm

Look out, Amanda is making jokes again  Very Happy I've really missed you! 

Definitely be positive about a bumped appointment and not being palmed off with a registrar, I would say. You can speculate until it gives you a headache but you're not going to find out until you get there. The 4th is only next week, so yay, not long to go and you'll be over your bug by then so it's all good. 

Loads of love and hugs 
Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks Brigitte:lol:
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Ooooo smiley didn't work Brigitte Very Happy I love you 
A xxxx
Amanda Lynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:16 pm

It's all good fun!
As I said earlier, I rang endo sec this morning for my calcium result after taking D.  She said a letter is in post saying carry on with D  and when I asked what was the result, she read out the letter which only says it is slightly raised and no numbers.  Not to worry I thought as I had requested they copy the results to my GP and he duly obliged by writing that on the form.  So I went to my surgery this afternoon and asked could they order me the 24 hr urine container so I can collect it for next Monday. Simples eh???  Wrong!!!!!  Nope they need to have the form in hand before they can do that.  Ok......." Trip home then to get said form.  Ohh I also had a blood test for calcium done 2 weeks ago, please can you give me the result???   Checking...... Nope no bloods here,  where  did you have it done???  I had it taken here on the 12th.  Well nothing showing, ring pathology at the hospital.  So I come home, get form, go back and order the bottle, come home, ring hospital. Yes we have the result but we cannot give it to you.  Ok........  please can you copy it to my GP as was initially requested???   I am not sure, as the consultant has to ok it.
I give up!!!
So my calcium is slightly raised after taking low dose D, does this mean slightly higher than my last calcium of 2.75 or does this mean it is slightly higher than normal range??.
So that was my fun afternoon.
Sue x
Lucycatnaps

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Oh Sue these people are so stupid, in any other industry this level of incompetence wouldn't be tolerated.
I hope you get it all sorted, it will only be by your persistence that it will get done.
Good luck let us know how you get on.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum