Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP refuse to test Calcium & PTH until Jan 2015!

+8
lozza
Hadleigh
Amanda Lynne
Tigerlily
Brigitte0
pilipala
Jasmine2
Lucie83
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GP refuse to test Calcium & PTH until Jan 2015! - Page 2 Empty GP refuse to test Calcium & PTH until Jan 2015!

Post by Lucie83 Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:31 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi All

I've just been to the GP begging to give me regular PTH & Calcium but they have insisted it's not needed but are willing to test every 6 months  Sad  I nearly burst into tears! I don't know what to do! 

Lucie x

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

GP refuse to test Calcium & PTH until Jan 2015! - Page 2 Empty Re: GP refuse to test Calcium & PTH until Jan 2015!

Post by NancyMi Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:54 am

Nelly,
       Good advice.  I think many people have had to bypass the endo and go to the surgeon.  Lucie,  like you my calciums have been the upper part of normal but at it's highest, the PTH level went to 144 which according to one of the graphs of Jim Normans site, was on the downside of the bell curve. 
       My bones are in bad shape and I think it is from years of untreated PTH disease.  I don't smoke and am very active.  In 2010 the t-score was -3.27.  In 2012 it was -3.44 and then in july of this year it was -3.69.  All the while I was complaining of an inability to sleep, reddened eyes, anxiety and weakness. 
      Isn't it appalling that we have to ask again and again for help.
      FP sounds great.  Maybe he's the way to go.

Nancy

NancyMi

Back to top Go down

GP refuse to test Calcium & PTH until Jan 2015! - Page 2 Empty Re: GP refuse to test Calcium & PTH until Jan 2015!

Post by Lucie83 Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:38 am

Hi Nelly & Nancy,

I replied to FP and asked whether he would be willing to see me but also not wanting to waste his time at the same, if that makes sense. I'm hoping he will but he may not feel he can do anything for me at the moment as blood work is needed to prove anything.

Maybe he's had a good weekend and he'll be feeling generous.

Nancy - my eyelids and eyes are always red and sometimes feel like they burn!

Lucie x

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryM Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:59 am

Lucie

Sorry to hear all you are going through.
GPs are useless at times as they do not know enough about this bloody disease.
Endos are the same at times with all this "just wait and see" rubbish.
I have been in your shoes with only getting the PTH tested once or twice a year and the only way I knew my calcium was high was I get bloods done monthly for another disease and the calcium was always well above the normal range. My GP would just ignore it as I was seeing the Endo at the hospital.
Mary x

MaryM

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:37 pm

Well, I can't add anything when you are all discussing UK doctors and surgeons, but I can say that you can add me to the list of confused forum members, because it's VERY hard to keep track of where everybody is with this disease. You're certainly not alone, Meggy!!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Meggy Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:42 pm

We need a profile page for each person we can click where we can see where everybody is at. We could also have yes/no boxes, eg, my endo is an idiot, my gp is a monkey... :-)

Meggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:16 am

There is a profile page Meggy, you can add your hpth journey in the comments box

Naming and shaming is a tricky area Suspect

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2