Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Few VERY stressful days!

+4
Amanda Lynne
Brigitte0
Meggy
Little Audrey
8 posters

Go down

A Few VERY stressful days! Empty A Few VERY stressful days!

Post by Little Audrey Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:38 am

I haven't been on here much for a few days. I will now explain why. On Monday while we were here at our house enjoying our family and celebrating Labor Day, we received a call from my brother-in-law. One of our nephews had died. He was 22 years old. It looks like drugs played a part in this. It wasn't a real shock since this boy was an alcoholic and also using drugs for years. It was still a very tough thing to deal with. We buried him today.

My husband and I didn't go to the cemetery or to the wake because I am VERY weak and tired from the adrenal insufficiency. We did go to the funeral home and to the church service.

After we were home for a little while, my brother-in-law called. My mother-in-law had passed out at the cemetery! She is 81 years old. They took her to the hospital. They said she was talking and looked fine at that time, but they wanted to run some tests. He called back a couple of hours ago and said the doctors told them that at some point recently, she has had a mini stroke! I was in the pool trying to swim some laps in hopes of relaxing some when he called. I don't know how relaxing it was, as my limbs were very weak and shaky, and I was very nauseous, but I really needed to do something quietly alone, and that's what I chose. My husband didn't want to wait for me to get ready to go with him to the hospital, so he went alone.

It is amazing how hard it is to deal with things when you are suffering from adrenal insufficiency. I can't explain how it feels. It just feels like your body needs to collapse and shut down. You just can't deal with anything! And now I will go to bed feeling exhausted beyond belief, only to wake every 2 hours and sleep for a total of 4 or 5. Oh, how I miss my sleep!!! I sure hope once we start treating the AI, I will start to sleep a little better.

So this is why I have not been on here very much over the past few days. Tomorrow I'll be going to 2 soccer games, then out to eat with my daughter and granddaughters, and then I think we're going to attempt that sleepover in the tent tomorrow night. Even if the girls don't sleep over, they will be coming down to visit us after we eat. I have no idea where I'm going to find the energy for this, but I'll survive somehow. Wouldn't it be nice if we all felt amazingly well again and didn't have to think about our pain, nausea, energy levels, or other miserable symptoms? Someday!!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

A Few VERY stressful days! Empty Re: A Few VERY stressful days!

Post by Meggy Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:04 am

What a dreadful time for you, even without being ill. You are trying to be there for everyone and you can't be and I'm sure the swim and some time to yourself would have done some good. Even tho you are so exhausted you must still be fun to be with otherwise your daughter and granddaughters wouldn't want to come and see you.

Meggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:10 am

Oh Audrey, I'm so sorry about all this. Your poor family and you have had more than their fair share of rough spots in recent months. Life can be so unfair. I'm sorry about your nephew: there wasn't a lot anyone could do for him, but it must have been a shock. I hope that your mother-in-law will be better soon and she is now in the right place for treatment. 

Poor you Audrey Sad I can't remember when you next see Dr Nephro but I hope it's soon. You've had such a lot to deal with over the last years and it's just not on that you're still so poorly. Do take the greatest of care when you're with your granddaughters. Sometimes the things you want to do might just have to wait for a bit longer when you're better, even if it all has to wait until next summer. 

Take care and don't forget you need to look after yourself. 

Lots of love and loads of hugs 
Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:10 am

Hi Audrey
I'm so sorry to hear about your Nephew and your Mother-in-Law life can be very cruel at times and you aren't well enough to deal with all this grief.
Please take care of yourself.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Audrey, words fail me; you have been through so much tragedy in your life and all whilst trying to cope with incredibly debilitating illnesses. It's no wonder you're  exhausted and spent with so much emotional trauma to deal with on top of years spent trying to get well and literally some days struggling to put one foot in front of the other. You and your family must be feeling completely broken by this latest tragedy and that your poor mother in law found it all too much to cope with. I hope she's recovering well now and I pray that your family will heal in time from the tragedy of losing your nephew in such a way.

Audrey, I know you're really struggling still but you're a strong and courageous woman! Keep on keeping on and one day soon you will be free of all this cr*p! Sending much love and big hugs through the ether!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Ohh Audrey,
No wonder you have adrenal insufficiency, you and your poor family are going through so many awful rough tragedies and it is one aftr the other.  I think things have got to get better for you and surely it is time for everyhting to bottom out and you start on an upward trend!  I hope your mum in law is feeling a little better and hopefully will be out of hospital and home soon, it must have been such a shock for her.  Sending hugs for you,
Sue x
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:59 am

Thank you all so much for your kind, caring words. It has been a rough patch for me lately, but I know things have not been easy for any of you either. I do not feel sorry for myself. I know other people have it much worse than I do. I get angry sometimes because I get tired of dealing with things, but then I'll see someone or hear of someone who is much worse off than I am, and I feel blessed.

Brigitte, my next appointment with the Nutty Professor, i.e., my nephrologist, is this Tuesday, and I am VERY excited about this! I just pray he has dealt with this before and knows how to treat it. I would think since it is an adrenal issue, my endocrinologist should be treating it, but since she thought it was a kidney problem and not an adrenal problem, I don't know if I'd trust her advice anyway. So I'm putting my faith in the nephrologist.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:10 am

Good luck with Dr Nephro tomorrow Audrey, look forward to hearing what he has to say and what your treatment options are.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:46 am

Thanks, Jasmine.   I'll be working on getting some things printed and getting everything together that I want to take with me to the appointment.  

I am still worried that all of my test result are not going to be in in time for the appointment.    My 24-hour urine aldosterone, and 24-hour urine creatinine are still not in!    I turned the urine in for analysis 9 days ago.   The woman at the lab told me it takes 6 days for the tests to be completed.   Since there were 2 weekends involved here and a holiday, I guess that's what's slowing all of this down.    I'm just afraid the doctor won't want to start treatment if he can't view all of these results.  

Speaking of results, my latest 24-hour urine cortisol has dropped quite a bit.   I had it tested back on July 20.  It was 43.4 at that time.   (Normal is 4.0-50.0.)   So it appeared at that time that my cortisol was in a good place.    This time it was 28.2.   Still in the normal range but quite a bit lower than in July.   My serum cortisol has also been dropping through the years, but is still in the normal range.   It was 19.8 in December of 2010; 12.2 in June of this year; and 10.0 a month later in July.   I am thinking it might be time to order a 4-point cortisol saliva test since many people have stated this test revealed a low cellular cortisol level, while the serum and urine cortisol levels were normal and did not indicate a problem.   If my cortisol is also low, I would be diagnosed with Addison's.    I am hoping we just have to worry about the aldosterone.

I guess I'd better get to work on my appointment stuff now.     Thank's for caring. Smile     I will post on here just as soon as I return tomorrow.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Best of luck Audrey and hope everything gets sorted out soon so that you know exactly what you're dealing with and can start appropriate treatment 

Love and hugs 
Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Thank you, Brigitte. flower I feel pretty certain that I am very close to feeling well again. I sure hope so anyway!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi Audrey
Good luck with your Nephro appt tomorrow.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:49 pm

Thanks, Amanda. Hope you're having a good day and feeling better about your disappointing news of late. I know everything does happen for a reason. Maybe God needed you to help others with FHH now. It is so strange how things happen. I was just going through my old email to find important things I need to print for my appointment tomorrow. When I find material on the internet that I want to save, I copy and paste it into an email and send it to myself. It is easy to go back and pull it up that way when I need it. Well, this morning when I searched for the word "Adrenal," up popped some emails from December of 2010. I honestly don't remember even considering an adrenal issue back then, but obviously I must have. There are several emails to my sister discussing an adrenal issue. In one, I mentioned to her that I had asked my PA about adrenal insufficiency, but she felt that was not my problem.

I sent my sister an email this morning telling her of this. I told her it angered me that my darned doctors didn't pick up on this way back then! Her reply was most beautiful. She told me that everything happens for a reason, and maybe God needed me to help other people with hyperparathyroidism before I moved on to the adrenal problem. I thought that was sweet of her to say. And I would not have had time to research both problems as extensively as I have had to, had I had to deal with them both at the same time. I actually HAD them both at the same time, and, as a matter of fact, I do believe I've actually had adrenal issues for at least 30 years, but I would not have had time to research both problems the way I needed to, and I would not have had a chance, nor the time, to meet so many wonderful people like you all along my journey! So our journeys continue, even though they are not what we expected or what we wanted. There just has to be a reason for it all.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Bless you, Audrey. You have had so much to cope with and your strength in getting over one thing and then moving on to the next thing to deal with is an inspiration to us all.

That is one sweet comment that your sister made. I agree that everything happens for a reason - and something good comes out of everything.

I hope your Mother-in-Law is feeling better and is being looked after.

And you must look after yourself as well, Audrey. I'm sure Dr Nephro will come up with something useful tomorrow.

Cats to ya, strong girl cat cat I love you I love you cat cat , hang on in there - we are all cheering you on from the sidelines.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Audrey I am very sorry about you mother in law and the death of your nephew. I can understand how stressful that could be. I hope your doc appointment goes well. That would be a bright light that you need. flower flower flower Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Thank you also, Tigerlily and Amanda, for the beautiful, uplifting messages. Thank you also for all of the cats, hearts, and smiling flowers. They too go a long way in keeping me going. You are all so wonderful, and I really don't know what I would do without you all!!

My mother-in-law is still in the hospital. They are saying now that it looks like she has suffered 2 mini-strokes in the past. They are performing a heart cath this morning, because they said her blood pressure drops very low when she's sleeping, and they want to get a better look at her heart. If they find anything, they are going to transfer her to a larger hospital in the city. I plan on finding out just how low her pressure is dropping at night, because I do know it is perfectly normal for BP to drop when sleeping. I'm sure they know what they're doing, but my husband and I agree that it will be harder on her if they continue testing her than if they just let her go home. She has been extremely stressed out in the hospital!! She is not happy at all. She's been swearing a lot and getting smart with everybody there! This is not like her. I know she is really stressed! She needs to go home and be with her cat. We all feel at this point, that would be the better option. I'm looking forward to hearing how the heart cath went.

I am back from my nephro appointment, and I am going to start a new thread to post the results. Can't wait to fill you all in!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:01 pm

Thank you also, Tigerlily and Kathi, for the beautiful, uplifting messages. Thank you also for all of the cats, hearts, and smiling flowers. They too go a long way in keeping me going. You are all so wonderful, and I really don't know what I would do without you all!!

My mother-in-law is still in the hospital. They are saying now that it looks like she has suffered 2 mini-strokes in the past. They are performing a heart cath this morning, because they said her blood pressure drops very low when she's sleeping, and they want to get a better look at her heart. If they find anything, they are going to transfer her to a larger hospital in the city. I plan on finding out just how low her pressure is dropping at night, because I do know it is perfectly normal for BP to drop when sleeping. I'm sure they know what they're doing, but my husband and I agree that it will be harder on her if they continue testing her than if they just let her go home. She has been extremely stressed out in the hospital!! She is not happy at all. She's been swearing a lot and getting smart with everybody there! This is not like her. I know she is really stressed! She needs to go home and be with her cat. We all feel at this point, that would be the better option. I'm looking forward to hearing how the heart cath went.

I am back from my nephro appointment, and I am going to start a new thread to post the results. Can't wait to fill you all in!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down