Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter to Practice Manager

3 posters

Go down

Letter to Practice Manager Empty Letter to Practice Manager

Post by Lucie83 Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi All

After being told by my GP a few weeks ago that she wasn't going to test CA, PTH & Vitamin D until January 2015, I decided to write the Practice Manager a letter instead. It's all typed up, including copies of the email from FP stating monitoring is needed  Razz  and I will hand deliver this on my way to pick my daughter up. I honestly do not have the patience to make another appointment with my GP to explain all of this again so decided to go above the GP and complain to the Manager. Watch this space....... Oh, and I threatened to contact PALS if they didn't allow regular testing.

Lucie x

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Letter to Practice Manager Empty Re: Letter to Practice Manager

Post by Admin Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi Lucie

How often are you wanting to be tested ? the recommendation for monitoring is 6 monthly blood tests. January is not far off so I wonder if it is worth you making waves with your GP about this now, always better to keep them on your side and hopefully depending on the next result you can both work out a time plan for monitoring. If your results are looking worse then more frequent testing might be in order but if things are stable your GP will probably stick to the guidelines.

This is from the BMJ best practice site and relates to patients already diagnosed with hpth who either don't need surgery or are not suitable

"serum calcium and creatinine levels should be measured every 6 to 12 months and bone density measured every 2 to 3 years"

Just a thought but obviously you have to do what you feel is right.

Nelly
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Well, I don't know what it's like there in the UK, but I had my levels tested approximately every 2 months for 3 years, before I was finally diagnosed. I think a few times it was only about 6 weeks between tests. I would have gone crazy if I was made to wait 6 months to get my levels tested as sick as I was. That is a shame if you all have to wait so long. I feel badly for you. Dr. Norman says there is no need to wait for testing. I believe he says you could be tested every day or two, and if the levels are bad for those 3 draws, you should be diagnosed. I could be wrong about the exact timing there, but I know it was something like that.

Good luck, Lucie.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down