Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use http://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Updates or new developments?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updates or new developments?

Post by NancyMi on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Tigerlily,
      Do you have any news for us?  Anything in the way of blood work results.   Are you in a holding pattern  Arrow waiting for a surgery date?

Thinking of you,

Nancy

NancyMi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates or new developments?

Post by Tigerlily on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Thanks for asking, Nancy, bless you.

We stepped off the plane from holiday on Monday, travelled back from Manchester on Tuesday, and dropped off the hire car today and collected the cats. They are gradually relaxing their cold shoulders to us about our being away so long, but it takes time!!

When I last saw Mr Palazzo in August, they took almost an armful of blood, but I have not had any results back, and I would have liked to know what the Ca and PTH were on their assay. He did write back to my GP though to explain that it was time for a line to be drawn under this lady's metabolic disorders (his words) and I was on his list for surgery.

I'm going to his NHS Clinic at the Hammersmith tomorrow for US and the nuclear scan, and then I have a follow-up appointment with him at the end of November (they cancelled my previous appointment with him on 29 October "due to clinic closure" - whatever that means). I will ring him after the scans though to see if he will discuss the results over the phone, instead of waiting another month to see him about them.

I'm a bit worried about having the nuclear scan tomorrow, but everyone else seems to have come through it unscathed, so I hope I will be able to as well.

It's taking me an age to read through the forum posts made since I went away 2 weeks ago, but I'll be popping up again soon here and there now that we are back.

I hope things are moving on for everyone as best as they can.

Will "talk" again soon, Nancy and Everyone, after the scans tomorrow.

Love to All from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi Tigerlilly,

Hope you had a relaxing holiday and  you are well rested.
Good luck with your nuclear scan and US tomorrow, i am sure it will be ok.

Take Care and mind that London traffic, especially if its raining!

love

Diana x

mealinacup1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Well you are keeping busy now you're back, Tigerlily! Best of luck for the scans; there's nothing to worry about really except keeping still and watching the thing do its scanning stuff. There is the boredom factor - during mine they had a radio on in the room and they played all the tunes I hate most it seemed  Wink

Hope you had a fantastic holiday and it wasn't too depressing to come back to rain and dark evenings. I hope Tiger and Lily lose their sulks and forgive you soon!

Love, hugs and  cat cat cat cat

Brigitte xxxx  cat cat
Brigitte0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:01 pm

Thanks so much, Ladies, for your encouragement re the nuclear scan - both it and the US went really well, and no after-effects from the nuclear scan, which is what I was worried about.

The US Dr was very thorough and it's looking as though it might be just the one lower left front PTH adenoma, with nothing else showing up on US and no thyroid nodules. Please let it just be that simple!

He did a lot of work on me with 3 different-shaped US probes and included the collarbone area, where the left collarbone seems to have "sunk down" lately (and the right one become more prominent). As the previous US at Addenbrookes showed a torpedo shaped adenoma 1.7cm x 4mm x 6mm, I hope it hasn't twizzled itself around anything crucial in that area, which is what I was thinking from the amount of time the US Dr took to examine the area.

He said he measured it as now 1.9cm x 6mm max, but that that was probably just a small difference due to different measuring equipment.

What was also encouraging was that he spoke very highly of FP and seemed proud to be working alongside him. Always good to get a recommendation from a surgeon's colleague.

So all is proceeding well at the moment - we had a great holiday - thanks for all your good wishes about it - now back to the washing/ironing!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:20 pm

All sounds good, Tigerlily!! Getting closer and closer to being well again! Glad the scans and tests all went well, and they've got an eye on the little bugger! Won't be long now.

Audrey

Little Audrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:26 pm

Snap, mine was lower left but turned out to be a bit off piste Rolling Eyes
Hadleigh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:15 am

The lower left seems to be the most popular  Wink here then! My "grape" was there, getting in the way of things. At least it was easy to zero in on and the surgeon couldn't miss it. I'm glad everything went well, Tigerlily and all you have to do now is wait for everything to come together for your op now. 

By the way, it's lovely to have you back  Smile I'm not here on the forum much at the moment, but I'm with you in spirit! 

Love, hugs and  cat cat cat 

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:34 am

Thanks, Audrey and Nelly - getting closer, as you say - and stay with us in spirit, Brigitte, as we need your input here (and the great hugs!).

Love and Cats (and hugs, too) I love you I love you I love you from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NancyMi on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:05 pm

Tigerlily, 
     Sounds like your scans went well.  I know it's a little nerve wracking going through the nuclear scan.   
      It also sounds like the sonographer must hold FP in high regard like many other people. 
Glad you had a good holiday too. 

That torpedo will soon be gone!!  Smile

xoxo,   Nancy

NancyMi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:20 am

Thanks, Nancy - nice to hear from you!
Hope you continue to see improvements yourself. Keep us posted.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:41 am

Tigerlily glad you had a chance to go on a holiday and relax and have a good time. It looks like a surgery date will be in your future. cat cat cat cat Kathi

Kathi209

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:42 am

Thanks for the hope for surgery soon, Kathi - and for the cats - love 'em all!  cat cat cat cat

Are things moving forward for you at the moment?

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NancyMi on Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:13 am

Tigerlily,
       Do you know when your surgery will be?  The mega lump I had was on the left side but it was up high in my neck.

Keep us posted and I hope you are not feeling too bad.  Just knowing they identified something and that you will have surgery must be so encouraging.

xxx,  Nancy

NancyMi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:52 am

Yes, it is, Nancy. I haven't heard back from FP yet about the scans. They were available to him to examine last week, so I hope I shall hear from him soon. I emailed his secretary last week to tell him I'd had the scans and to ask if we could discuss the results over the phone.

I'm hoping it's a just a single adenoma that can be dealt with as soon as he can fit me into his schedule.

Good to hear from you, Nancy - Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum