Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Jasmine

3 posters

Go down

For Jasmine Empty For Jasmine

Post by Lucycatnaps Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi Jasmine,
     Just wanted to send some positive vibes that your blood levels will settle with time.  It's been a bit hectic here the last few days ( had salivary duct in floor of mouth opened up on Wed under local ) and a friend of my husbands staying for the weekend.  I did not know you could have secondary PTH with a high calcium level so am hoping that it all does settle.  I find at the  moment some days are easier than others to get through, I am so tired tonight but I just can't seem to relax.  I imagine you know exactly how all this feels after having all this for so long but I do so hope that you will feel heaps better soon.
Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

For Jasmine Empty Re: For Jasmine

Post by Jasmine2 Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:28 pm

Thank you Sue, that's so kind of you to think of me! We all suffer so badly with this bloomin' thing but we all somehow find the courage and fortitude to get through it without too much buckling under ..... but then we do get so much more strength from being part of this wonderful group of people, not just for the advice and support but also from the humour, friendship and sense of 'family' ...

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Oh and I forgot to say - hope your mouth is not too sore now? And I understand how tired you must be feeling, especially having house guests to contend with..... I usually love having friends and family come to stay but this last year or so it has been impossible, I just haven't had the energy to cope with it, so a big thumbs up to you for getting through it.

J
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:41 pm

Last edited by gina3 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:46 pm

And you're absolutely right to do so, Gina.  Anyone who loves you and cares about you will understand that this time has to be about you, about taking care of yourself and focusing on doing what has to be done to get well.  Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your life.....!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi Jasmine,
     You have hit the nail on the head!  It is the real sense that we are not alone as it can sometimes feel that we are.  Having this forum available, just by existing really does make this more tolerable and helps so much, it is hard to define but you did it perfectly, definitely a sign you are mending.  
Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi Gina,
To be honest I really don't know what is happening/going on, I developed a swelling on the left side of my neck last October and also something called Oral Lichen Planus in my mouth, it is auto immune but had biopsies done to check.  ENT said there was a stricture in the submandibular duct on L side, maybe a stone but MRI showed nothing.  I had a white patch at side of the duct exit on floor of mouth and they biopsied that too.  As it healed, the stricture became a bump and burst,, they said the swelling on neck was a reactive lymph node but I still have it and he comes up and down, so now they say it is probably a sluggish salivary gland and would not account for the intense thirst I get.  I had another Xray looking down but again no stone found.  The bump came back and burst a second time but this time it has been a lot smaller.  I was booked in to have the duct opened and explored last Wed, but no stone found so he dilated it and then stitched it up.  I am hoping when the swelling goes down in my mouth that my neck lump may disappear as well but yes my jaw can get very achy at times.  I think there is some scar tissue from the biopsy that is partly obstructing it near the exit.  I go back in 8 weeks.  It was a bit ouchy on Wed but not too bad since and at least the stitches will dissolve. My husband's friend was here from Denmark, my danish is non-existent but thankfully his english was perfect, and he brought me flowers sooo got a plus mark from me Smile 
Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:38 am

Oh, my goodness, I can't even imagine entertaining guests the way I feel!    It takes all the energy I have just to have my sweet, very well-behaved granddaughters here for a day.   The lack of energy with all of the pain is more than I can deal with when people are around.   I'm better off here alone with my cats, and sometimes they're too much for me too.    Isn't that awful?!   

Sue, all of that going on with your mouth alone sounds very painful!    I think I mentioned before that when I was taking the PPIs, I kept getting ulcers inside my lower lip.  I would get 3 or 4 at a time.   When I stopped the PPIs, the sores went away.   As soon as I started using them again, I'd get more ulcers.    I know that is not your problem, but my point is that those things sure don't feel too good!!    I can't imagine how you're dealing with all you are inside your mouth!    I do hope that all clears up soon for you.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down