Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use http://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

yesterday at Hammersmith

View previous topic View next topic Go down

yesterday at Hammersmith

Post by mealinacup1 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:47 am

Hi all, hope you are all well, sorry been off the forum for a while, as my mum is living with me know, i have been setteling her in.
Sending best wishes to all those about to have their operations and the same to all those who are fighting their illnesses and a final diagnosis.
I had my pre-op yesterday my appointment was at 1pm and we left at 2.45pm, everything went well, apart from the fact that i had to keep reminding them that the parathyroid gland i have is etopic and in my chest and not in the neck! Gave up after a while.
Take care every one and may your battles be few and i can not wait for the 15th.
Diana xx

mealinacup1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: yesterday at Hammersmith

Post by Amanda Lynne on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:03 am

Hi Diana
I hope your Mum gets settled in with you. Glad the pre ops went well and surely they should have the info ont the ectopic gland in your notes !!!! Sometimes it feels like you are banging your head against a brick wall doesn't it. It won't be long until the 15th is here.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:13 am

Hi Diana

My pre-ops yesterday were at 3pm so I missed you! Glad they went well. You have to keep telling them the details, though I found the same thing.

I'm having my op on a cancellation on Thursday this week, so I'll give you all the details when I'm able and hopefully before your op on 15th.

Hope your Mum is settling in well.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:15 am

Diana, did you bump into Tigerlily? Her pre-op appointment was around 3pm I think? You probably just missed each other! Like me - I had an overnighter at the Hammersmith and left around 10am yesterday. We're like ships that pass in the night haha!

Hope all goes well for you and your mum, the 15th is close, time will fly by! I don't know, it's all happening isn't it, what with Tigerlily being 'done' next week, you the week after, all my tests and fingers crossed surgery soon - dancing on the tables at the Ritz suddenly seems not too far away!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:16 am

Haha! Tigerlily .... As usual our virtually identical messages crossed in cyberspace......!

J x
Jasmine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi Tigerlilly,
I think our paths met, were you sitting with your husband on one of the side seats and at one stage you were reading a kindle. You were wearing a blue jacket i think. I was sitting with mum at the front i was wearing black leggings and a brown and black striped jumper. I said ti my mum "I think that's Tigerlilly over there" My mum replied " Whats Tigerlilly?" I tried to explain but she's slightly deaf and l would of had to shout the place down!!
Was that you?
Amanda yes it is like banging your head against a brick wall. I hope your get the answers you are looking for regarding your own health issues. X
Jasmine
Yes its all happening at Hammersmith at the moment, i'm glad your procedure went well and you get your results quickly and i'm sure FP is the man to do it! X
Diana

mealinacup1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi Diana!

Well, there was a lady with her Mum there, but I had a white coat on and a blue and white striped top. I was only sitting with my husband at about 4.30 when it was time to leave, so perhaps it wasn't me.

I was going to make myself a badge: "I'm for The Ritz when fixed" but I didn't have time before the trip down!

So glad it's all going ahead for us both - can't come soon enough for me and I'm sure it's the same for you.

Will let you know how it goes if I'm "compost mentus" before your date of 15th!

Love and Hugs, Tigerlily xxxx

PS. JASMINE - yes, we seem to keep floating past each other, but I'll see you at The Ritz for definite!!  xxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Oh my gosh Diana, I would have yelled from across the room " Hey are you Tigerlily" How funny like Jasmine said ships passing in the night. I pray all goes well with your surgery.

As long as your surgeon knows where the adenoma is, don't worry about the other people. I hope your mom is all settled in, and can be of help to you after surgery. Let us know  when you can how you are.  Best wishes  Kathi

Kathi209

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:41 pm

Well I do think you could have all got your timings sorted out properly! Wink 

Diana, I'm glad you're all pre assessed and sorted out for 15th. Not long to go and even some recovery time before Christmas! I'm sure it's written all over your notes about your ectopic parathyroid and they were just being blind, or perhaps testing your HPT brain! 

Hope your Mum is settling in well and that she enjoyed her day out with you yesterday! 

Love and hugs 

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi all,
Yes mum had a good day, she was impressed by Hammersmith Hospital, cleaniness and the staff were friendly and she loved the bus journey. Thank you for all your comments and kindness.
Diana x

mealinacup1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:04 am

Diana, I'm so glad things are moving right along for you too! It won't be long now!! Wow, so many surgeries here! This is wonderful!

I feel badly that I can't bump into any of you during my appointments. Crying or Very sad Maybe I should start traveling overseas to my appointments. My doctors would probably be glad to get rid of me. Laughing They would no longer have to try to figure out what the heck is wrong with me. Heck, they might even pay my airfare!

Audrey

Little Audrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum