Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use http://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Post-op blood test results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post-op blood test results

Post by Tigerlily on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi Everyone

The post-op results are in - but just a week post-op, so it's early days yet. Interesting though:

S/Calcium is lowest it's ever been since it has been measured these last 2 years:  2.37 (9.48). So pleased about that.
PTH is 4.97 (46.9) which I think is still a bit high for someone with only one gland left, but it's middle of the range with a low-ish serum Ca, so perhaps OK for this point in time.

TSH was high before the op (3.48 about) but is now 1.42, which I'm happier with, but
FT3 is 4.5 and FT4 6.6, so as I only take T3 there's a way to go there before FT3 and FT4 get themselves organised again.

The best news is a total cholesterol of 7.9 - it was on its way to 11 before the op, so I'm very pleased with this reduction! That's one of the lowest figures I've ever had.
Tri's are 2.7 and LDL 5.34, so there's a way to go to get those anywhere near right, but they are both lower than they were (!).
HDL has reduced sadly from 1.89 to 1.33, so more work to do on the cholesterol front, maybe.

Vitamin  D is staying up at 78.4 - so not bad.

All in all, I'm pleased with these post-op levels and would welcome any thoughts, input, opinions etc. I may repeat the tests just before seeing FP on 06 Jan so I have something to take with me, although I expect he'll order his own tests if he needs some.

Meantime, have a restful weekend, Everyone - with love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post-op blood test results

Post by Kathi209 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Happy for you Tigerlily cal/pth looks good. I don't know a thing about thyroid levels. But glad your cholesterol is going down. Mine has crept up pass normal with the darn phpt.  cat cat cat cat Kathi

Kathi209

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Thanks, Kathi. I always had this notion that my high cholesterol was related to low thyroid and then later to hyperparathyroidism. I still think there is a connection with HPT and that my total cholesterol will reduce even further.
When it was first ever measured, it was 6. The goalposts have changed several times since then, so if it ever reduces back to 6 I shall be well pleased!
But 7.9 is good enough for me for the moment!
Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi tigerlily

Those results look good, your tsh has gone in the right direction and t3 is OK too, t4 will be low if you are a t3 only gal. 

You are doing really well, I was still a wreck a week post op Rolling Eyes

Nelly
Hadleigh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Looking good Tigerlily, though I don't know a thing about thyroid levels but trust Nelly's knowledge Smile  Before you know what, blood level paranoia will be a thing of the past! 

I'm with Nelly, I was also a wreck 1 week post op. That's when I had the tingles and twitches. Hopefully, you have a textbook recovery  Cool

Love and hugs  cat cat cat cat

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:25 pm

Thanks, Nelly & Brigitte - so pleased to have your input - no tingles or twitches yet, so keeping fingers crossed the little ole solitary remaining gland will do its job!

Love and GBH from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi Tigerlily
Bloods look good, I can't comment on thyroid as I don't know anything about it, post op I felt great no tingles no pain for about 3 weeks I felt better than I had in a long time alas (probably because of the FHH) it didn't last but as you don't have this problem you should carry on feeling like a new Woman.
Love n lots of hugs Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Londanna on Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Tigerlily

I think these glands have a much greater influence on our bodies than anyone realises considering how small they are in size.   I am sure your one gland will be soon be working at full strength.  And as an indication of just how strong they are, my one third of one continues to perform as expected and is keeping me well.

Best wishes

Anna

Londanna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily on Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:42 pm

Thanks Amanda and Anna - I'm hoping I'm in an improvement groove!

Much of the sticky glue used on the outside of my neck has managed to drop off, or otherwise disappear, so the scar is much less noticeable than it was originally. I'm still moisturising with the coconut oil all around my neck to keep it all less tight-feeling, and inevitably some of the coconut oil will get on the scar, but it can actually heal old knotty scars (see coconutresearch.org Dr Bruce Fife) so that won't be a bad thing.

Love and Hugs to you both for your always welcome and caring comments - from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum