Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use http://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Supposed to be mind readers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Supposed to be mind readers

Post by Meggy on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:20 am

I haven't been around for ages and have missed such a lot. Sorry as it feels really self indulgent to hide in my cave when my symptoms are so mild compared to some of you. Am getting really fed up of the emotional instability and bursting into tears at work was the humiliating end to a rotten term.

Anyway the good news is I've got an operation date - but the hospital are appalling at communicating with me. I was told verbally about 6 weeks ago that it would be Jan 6 but had nothing in writing, is that normal? My work need to cover me and needed a letter so I rang again 3 weeks ago, still that date, still no letter. Got an appointment through last week for my pre-op, still no operation date in writing. Them had a message left from the hospital asking why I hadn't replied to their letter. What letter?? When I got hold of the waiting list secretary she said she had put the op date on the pre-op letter (no she hadn't) and that my date was now the 13th. That was on the last day of term and school had covered me from the first day of next term so I had to run round trying to change things in between going to the end of term assembly and carol concert. I don't mind the date being changed, things happen, but I do object to the appalling lack of communication. They ask for mobile numbers and email so why rely on snail mail?

January should be interesting as my hubby is waiting for gall stone surgery and his date is *supposed* to be mid January.... guess what - no letter!

Ok, no more moaning, was so glad to hear that Tigerlily and Anne are doing well post-op, it's nice to read some success stories.

Meggy x

Meggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supposed to be mind readers

Post by Brigitte0 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:36 am

Well I'm delighted you've got a surgery date Meggy and that messing around over the surgery date sounds sadly like some hospital mess ups,  alas. You have a goal now, so that must feel good as it gives you something to aim for. Hope your husband's op and yours don't collide  affraid 

Take care of yourself. Love and hugs 

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meggy on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:41 am

So do I, he's a wonderful man but not exactly stoic so I'll need to be at full fitness to cope with him in recovery mode:-)

Meggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily on Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:38 pm

I do hope it all goes to plan, Meggy, now that they have at last informed you of it!

It said on my discharge notes that I wasn't to drive for 2 weeks after the op - not that I couldn't do it physically, but I don't feel 100% up to judging distances for parking etc just yet, so maybe you might like to consider having someone on stand-by to help ferry you about in case you're not up to it for when your husband has his op. Just a thought.

I'm so glad you don't have long to wait either, Meggy: New Year, New You!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum