Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Everyone. Glad to be back!

+2
Amanda Lynne
mealinacup1
6 posters

Go down

Hi Everyone. Glad to be back! Empty Hi Everyone. Glad to be back!

Post by mealinacup1 Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thankyou all for your wishes of good luck, i really appreciate them and it really helps when you are feeling anxious.

All went well i arrived at 6.45am  but i wasn't operated on till 2.30pm but that didn't really matter the anesthetic team were brilliant especially Laura and Dr Costa, they were  a well cordinated team, you were under before you  knew it.
I had to have vocal cord check in the anesthetic room before the operation, they gave me sedation, i hardly noticed it.
I had a lower neck incision no sternotomy (Thank God )  FP stated that it was a easy operation and the adenoma was easily removed and hadn't migrated as deep into the chest as first thought he said it just popped out, (His words!) the other 3 parathyroids were normal and my calcium levels returned to normal.
The incision its self is about 6 and a half cms and is covered with a clear waterproof dressing, like a plastic skin, the internal stitches are dissolveable, and held together by glue.
I was feeling sick and had a bout of vomiting the next morning i was given anti sickness drugs  but later i  managed to eat jelly, yoghurts,  in small amounts.
I was given paracetamol and tramadol for pain relief which works well.
The night of the op i was a bit concerned as i couldn't feel my upper chest area it felt numb, apparently they they give you a local anesthetic both sides which causes the post op numbness in the upper chest.
The night stay was madness i was in a four bed room with two very poorly  women who needed almost constant care, so it was difficult to sleep and so after the Dr's ward round at 8.30am and the ok to leave from the brilliant FP i  made my escape with sick bowl in hand!

Thank you all once again.

Diana xxx

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone. Glad to be back! Empty Re: Hi Everyone. Glad to be back!

Post by Amanda Lynne Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi Diana 
So pleased it all went smoothly for you, take it easy and look after yourself and you will be feeling great for Christmas.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:04 pm

So pleased it's all over and went well Diana Smile Hope your recovery is also going well and you're looking forward to Christmas. 

Love and hugs 

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Glad to hear you are OK Diana and the op went well, take it easy and speedy recovery.
Love
Nelly and Edwin x
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:03 pm

You have no idea how happy I am for you. I truly think FP is brilliant  also. I seem to think chest adenoma can be difficult, but he did a wonderful job. Yay yay. Was the venous sampling helpful to him ?  Did you have high pth level in the area they found the adenoma during venous sampling.? Speedy recovery to you. You will be dancing on the table tops at the Ritz with Tigerlily. cheers cheers santa santa santa santa santa santa

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:01 am

Such good news, Diana!! So glad for you that it went so well and not as complicated as originally thought.

Rest up for a few days if you can, and then enjoy Christmas.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down