Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr N's had a bit of a rant ......!

+3
Amanda Lynne
Linny
Jasmine2
7 posters

Go down

Dr N's had a bit of a rant ......! Empty Dr N's had a bit of a rant ......!

Post by Jasmine2 Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Is anyone a member of the closed Facebook group which is affiliated Dr Norman's Parathyroid Disease Awareness and Support FB page?  I had to laugh out loud today when a member posted an article he'd written about a poor unfortunate gentleman who had become SERIOUSLY ill for being monitored for PHPT for a lot of years and by the time he'd got to Tampa he had broken bones, chronic kidney disease and stones, lots of other stuff and had recently gone blind due to his optic nerves becoming coated with calcium.  Dr N stated that he removed the biggest tumour he'd ever seen in his entire career and he was so incensed by the negligence of this man's doctors, and stupid, ill-informed endos in general, he went on to say he was surrounded by goats and monkeys ........!   What a Face  Now I don't want to detract from this poor man's suffering but I roared with laughter when I read that and could relate that to a few choice examples in this country too!  I know Dr N can be VERY cranky and he does get very frustrated by the ineptitude of endocrinologists around the world, but if he wants the world's endocrine services to listen to him and learn from him that perhaps isn't going to win many round ..... But boy did I laugh and it was just what I needed today - a real tonic!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Dr N's had a bit of a rant ......! Empty Re: Dr N's had a bit of a rant ......!

Post by Linny Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi Jasmine
Hope you are ok. Goats and monkeys seems about right to me! What a star he is, he must get very very very frustrated by things he hears including our stories I guess!
LoveLynn  I love you

Linny

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi Lynn

Yes, I'm OK today thanks, although in a bit of pain and feeling a tad tired and anxious, but I've bounced back from the doom and gloom of yesterday, as I said I would.  Can't stay down forever, it's not good for the soul.....! Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain!  sunny
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Linny Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Having caught up with your latest appointment Jasmine, you might read Dr Holick vitamin D solution. I can't get my head around what your endo was saying. I think I'm too thick but this book helped me understand the huge role D plays in our health and well being both physically and emotionally   I'm glad you are more positive, must admit I admire you. Whatever is thrown at you and you've had the lot, you keep on going. Love Lynn x

Linny

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:06 pm

Sorry, HPT brain grrr ... meant to say that Dr N's patient went blind due to calcium build up in his opthalmic arteries not nerves .....

J
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Jasmine I think he's right about the goats and monkeys but not sure if those comments will endear him to other medical " experts"
It is funny though but not for the poor man he operated on.
I'm glad you are back up and fighting and I'm dancing along with you.
Do you mind if I wear my wellys ? 
Amanda xxxx sunny
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Strictly speaking you can wear whatever you like Amanda, just keeeeeeep dancing.....  Laughing
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:56 pm

I think that poor man was from California, Dr N said he was going to the medical board and educate them , hope he puts on the charm so they will listen. I can't believe a California doctor would let that go for so long, but with all the great doctors we have in this state, I am sure there are plenty of bad ones also. I hope Dr N give them hell.

Jasmine that is so cool about Life isn't  about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain, almost made me cry.

Amanda  I think I know what wellys are in the US there are flip flops.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Kathy
Noooooo we have flip flops. Wellys are rubber boots designed for rain, mud, mucking out horses etc not sure what you call them in US.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieselwrangler Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:02 pm

Amanda Lynne wrote:Hi Kathy
Noooooo we have flip flops. Wellys are rubber boots designed for rain, mud, mucking out horses etc not sure what you call them in US.
Amanda xxxx
That's funny in Canada what you all call flip flops, we called thongs. It got me a few funny looks a few years ago when those wee underwear came out and Americans were calling them thongs. When I expressed concern about my foot health when showering at a truckstop, and said I wore my thongs in the shower, it raised a few eyebrows.
Dieselwrangler
Dieselwrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:24 pm

Haha now that just made me laugh out loud! I can just picture the scene ..... I believe they call flip flops thongs in Australia too but I might be wrong, but Neighbours has never let me down so far ... Very Happy

Welcome to the forum by the way!  Are you an Oilers fan by any chance .....? 

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Oh poo I was so sure I had that one right. Welcome to the forum.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Amanda we just call them rubber boots.  Very Happy  Very Happy

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:16 pm

I think they are named after the first Duke of Wellington who in the 18th century requested his boot maker to design a new type of boot, the were originally leather but that's how they were first made. They are called gum boots as well.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Well, yes, we do call flip-flop things here in the US, but since the thong underwear became popular, more people now call the shoe thongs, flip-flops.    I used to tell people I had a large thong collection.   I had about 30 pairs.  They all thought I was nuts.   Well, the fact that I would have 30 pairs of the same type of shoe might just qualify me as nuts anyway, but I meant the shoes.    I have all colors.    LOVE them!!

Actually, I have been putting off seeing a podiatrist for my plantar fasciitis and other foot pain, because I'm afraid he/she will tell me to stop wearing flip-flops.   That's bad, isn't it?  

And in honor of Uncle Norman ...............  monkey    I didn't realize that emoticon was a monkey!!!   Laughing 

I do think Dr. Norman is an extremely frustrated man because he is having so much trouble getting everything across to other doctors.  He is frustrated that so many people have to suffer so terribly, simply because other doctors are unwilling to listen and learn.   As frustrated as I have been with my own doctors over the past few years, I can understand perfectly how he feels!     I do agree that he is not going to make many friends by calling them names, but I do understand why he did it.    I tried and tried to teach my doctors Dr. Norman's views, and they saw fist hand through me and my surgery, that Dr. Norman knew what he was talking about, but they STILL don't get it!     Maybe I wouldn't call them monkeys and goats, but possibly a bit dense?

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by bombersforever Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:15 am

Dieselwrangler wrote:
Amanda Lynne wrote:Hi Kathy
Amanda xxxx
That's funny in Canada what you all call flip flops, we called thongs. It got me a few funny looks a few years ago when those wee underwear came out and Americans were calling them thongs. When I expressed concern about my foot health when showering at a truckstop, and said I wore my thongs in the shower, it raised a few eyebrows.
We call flip flops "thongs" here in Australia too., we also call Wellys "Gumboots" Smile
bombersforever
bombersforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum