Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's official .....I'm finally cured!

5 posters

Go down

It's official .....I'm finally cured! Empty It's official .....I'm finally cured!

Post by Jasmine2 Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Well, I had my post op check with Mr Palazzo in London yesterday and I think my train took a detour and flew me home on Cloud 9! I feel elated....never felt this happy in years; is this what happy feels like? I forgot........! After all these years I am finally officially cured, and discharged from Mr Palazzo's service. He was SO pleased, as was I .....he removed two parathyroids, last three calcium and PTH results normal, bang in mid range, the latest two days ago being Calcium 2.4 (9.6) PTH 4.5 (42.4). I haven't had levels like that since before 2001. He agrees with me that any residual symptoms are more than likely thyroid related and he's writing to my endo in time for my appointment on January 6th to sort that out! I think it was quite obvious to him that the bright and clear headed woman in front of him yesterday bore no resemblance to the tired and defeated woman who last shuffled into his room before surgery. Then he said go away, enjoy life and I hope never to see you again - in a good way! I'm feeling REALLY good, seriously! Like the light has come back into my life and sunshine in my soul! I just can't believe that I'm cured, and how different I feel already. My bone pain has gone completely, I feel brighter and happier, clear headed and thinking straight for the first time in years, and I'm already turning my thoughts to going back to work in the new year. I still have a way to go in terms of rebuilding my stamina and energy levels, but I'll get there and I'm already starting to feel more energised! Moral of the story is never give up hope as it's often the last key on the ring that opens the door!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

It's official .....I'm finally cured! Empty Re: It's official .....I'm finally cured!

Post by pilipala Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:28 pm

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

This is so good to hear and the best Christmas present any of us would want you to have. I too have been surprised what normal feels like - it's so much better than I remembered. I'm enjoying people constantly telling me how well I look - I'm sure you're getting the same.

I hope you don't ever see FP again (unless it's at the Ritz dancing on the tables)  Very Happy 

Lots of love,

Dee
xxxxx

pilipala

Back to top Go down

It's official .....I'm finally cured! Empty Re: It's official .....I'm finally cured!

Post by Little Audrey Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:16 pm

I could not possibly be happier for you, Jasmine!!    I still can't believe you struggled as long as you did with all of that crap!     Yes, it is truly a Merry Christmas for you this year!!     And going back to work?!   Wow!!   You go, girl!!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:42 pm

Happy, Happy Christmas, Jasmine - and goodness knows what the New Year will bring you - all of the Best of the Best, I hope!!

So glad to hear how good you are feeling and that both you and FP are happy with the results of your surgery!

Take heart, Everyone, from Jasmine's experience.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:19 am

Fantastic news Jasmine, what a great Christmas pressie, so glad you are finally feeling better.

Take care and enjoy

Nelly xx

Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down