Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primary Hyperparathyroidism at 33

3 posters

Go down

Primary Hyperparathyroidism at 33 Empty Primary Hyperparathyroidism at 33

Post by Mom's Always Tired Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi,
I am officially diagnosed! Waiting for imaging then scheduling surgery, but I am so excited to have an answer and confirmation that I'm not crazy or just lazy, that all my symptoms (even those I'd dismissed years ago) are not just "how everyone feels".

I'm a 33 year old mom of five, wife to a veteran with PTSD, and I'm so ready to get my life back. I'm really hopeful that we can locate the problem and remove it and be done.

Aside from energy, mental clarity, and less physical aches and pains - I'm hoping to be able to lose weight after surgery, whether because my body is generally healthier or because I might finally have the energy to do more than barely survive the day.

Mom's Always Tired

Back to top Go down

Primary Hyperparathyroidism at 33 Empty Re: Primary Hyperparathyroidism at 33

Post by Tigerlily Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:11 am

So sorry we have omitted to reply to your post. The forum has been very quiet this year. I am so pleased that you have been diagnosed, though!
In the intervening period since your post, have you had imaging studies to locate the adenoma/problem gland?
Best of Wishes, Tigerlily.

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:11 am

Hello Mom's Always Tired

I apologise for you not receiving a reply to your post in April :-(

Not sure what went wrong as Mrs Admin and I would normally receive a notification for new posts.

Let us know the outcome of your imaging and surgery and whether you still have any symptoms.

One of the challenges is that there can be some common symptoms with both Hyperparathyroidism and Hypothyroisism.
This has the potential to complicate things, especially as getting satisfactory diagnosis and treatment for both of these conditions is often a big challenge.

It is not unusual for someone to have both conditions, as is the case with both Mrs Admin and me.

Edwin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down