Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll on the possible link between Hyperparathyroidism and Hypothyroidism

4 posters

Go down

Is there a link between Hyperparathyroidism and Hypothyroidism

I have both Hyperparathyroidism and Hypothyroidism ?

I was diagnosed Hypothyroid before Hyperparathyroid ?

I was diagnosed Hypothyroid after Hyperparathyroid ?

I have Hypothyroidism and suspected Hyperparathyroidism

I have Hyperparathyroidism and suspected Hypothyroidism

View results

Poll on the possible link between Hyperparathyroidism and Hypothyroidism Empty Poll on the possible link between Hyperparathyroidism and Hypothyroidism

Post by Admin Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Noticing that a number of members are both Hyperparathyroid and Hypothyroid made us wonder if this is a coincidence, or whether there is a connection that requires further investigation.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:42 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed sticky status)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Poll on the possible link between Hyperparathyroidism and Hypothyroidism Empty Re: Poll on the possible link between Hyperparathyroidism and Hypothyroidism

Post by lozza Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:00 pm

I do think there is a link between Parathyroid and auto immune disease in general. I don't have thyroid problem (yet), but have parathyroid and pernicious anaemia ( b12 auto immune disease) my mum does have graves disease and my gran had pernicious anaemia as well.

Can we have a poll option for parathyroid/suspect parathyroid only ?
 best wishes

Lozza Very Happy

lozza

Back to top Go down

Poll on the possible link between Hyperparathyroidism and Hypothyroidism Empty Re: Poll on the possible link between Hyperparathyroidism and Hypothyroidism

Post by Lucycatnaps Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Hi Admins,
It is an interesting theory and it would not surprise me in the least if there was some correlation between the two due to the proximity of the parathyroid glands being next to the thyroid.  I suspect that those who suffer auto immune attacks on their thyroids are at a higher risk than those who become hypo due to age related wearing out of thyroid gland.  That is just conjecture on my part but I also wonder how many of us were hyper in the past before becoming hypo?  
It will be interesting to see the results!
Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by tiniegil Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Ah, I was only wondering about this the other day, will be good to know in the future if it does link. Neutral

tiniegil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down