Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use http://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Promised phone call from Endo Registrar

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Promised phone call from Endo Registrar

Post by Amanda Lynne on Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well folks the promised phone call from the Registrar as per my appointment of yesterday's date to let me know if she'd decided if I had FHH, didn't happen arrrrrrgh why am I not surprised. 
I thought I had expressed how important I was for me to know ASAP so that I could take this further. I guess I will now have to try to get hold of her via a secretary on Monday.
Why can't anything progress as it should, wish I could just get a break and a bit of b****y help. Sad 
Fed up and cross.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Promised phone call from Endo Registrar

Post by Tigerlily on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:56 pm

Give PALS a try, Amanda - when you've got the energy - I found them most helpful.

Love Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:09 pm

Thanks Ladies  Smile 
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meggy on Thu May 01, 2014 7:43 pm

For pity's sake, not again! Are you near enough the hospital to stage a sit in?! What a bunch of inconsiderate idiots. You need to ask the secretary next time for the details of the quality commission for complaints, that should hopefully get them moving.

Meggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily on Thu May 01, 2014 7:52 pm

That's a good one, Meggy. I find you only have to say these things in a soft neutral voice to get people to shift their ar-es:
"I know nothing about the NHS pathways, but would you happen to know the number of the ...., by any chance?" Then say nothing till you get a response.
That should do it, Amanda.

I'm sure you'll hear something tomorrow- that secretary was mad enough with the registrar herself to make it happen. But don't wait any more - get pro-active (or even more than you been already, and that is saying something! I admire your grit in all of this.)

Good Luck, my Dear - Love Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne on Sat May 03, 2014 4:38 pm

Well I eventually got a call back from Endos Registrar after threatening to make official complaint.
She called late Friday afternoon. Very apologetic said she'd been sooooo busy. I had a bit of a rant and then asked what the decision re FHH, welllll her comment was I can't do the calculations because the 24 hr urine test they didn't check properly and the info I need wasn't recorded. affraid  Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Sad 
So she said you will have to do it again. I must admit I lost it then and got rather upset. This 24 hr urine test was done ages ago probably 2 months and no one has found that out until now. I can't believe the incompetence of these people.
I will gave to go to the hospital pick up the test do it when I can be in the house for 24 hrs and then take it back have another blood test and then wait again to be seen.
I can't find the words to express how I feel. I will write and complain when I can get myself together enough to want to sit at the computer for hours composing a letter.
I told her it was unacceptable and all the rest but all she did was apologise. So that was that.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lozza on Sat May 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Hi Amanda,

These people drive me mad, I was due to have an ultrasound of my neck on may 15th To find out yesterday they have booked me in for a different ultrasound as the referral went to wrong clinic so, I am now waiting for a clinic appointment.

And it took over two weeks to get the appointment for the wrong clinic.

To calculate the urine, blood calcium. They need to do the following:

Formula for your information 

Urine Calcium (mmol/l) x [Plasma Creatinine (umol/l) / 1000]
Plasma Calcium (mmol/l) x Urine Creatinine (mmol/l)

Perhaps we could send them this useful spreadsheet to aid them in doing their calculation:

www.imperialendo.co.uk/HammersmithCaCr-Calculator.xls

I send lots of hugs,
 They also drive me mad!!
Best wishes

Lozza

lozza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 on Sat May 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Oh Amanda, I don't know what to say!  Grrrrrr..... these people are beyond stupid and you really do have to ask yourself why they are in the so-called caring profession when they clearly DON'T care ...!

When you feel strong enough and up to it, write that letter of complaint and give 'em both barrels!!!!!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum