Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can the blighter retun?

3 posters

Go down

Can the blighter retun? Empty Can the blighter retun?

Post by 2old2beamum Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:08 pm

I had a parathyroid nodule removed 4 yeas ago. Life did improve somewhat but never really got back to my jolly self. Have been unwell for sometime and suddenly dawned on me that this is how I felt. Can it return please?

2old2beamum

Back to top Go down

Can the blighter retun? Empty Re: Can the blighter retun?

Post by Admin Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:46 pm

There are 4 parathyroid glands, so it is possible that one of the other parathyroid glands needed (or now needs) attention.
You would not be the first person who needed a second one removed, either because they may not have been detected in a scan, or because the Surgeon assumes that only one needs to be removed, or because it is not where it is supposed to be.

Have you had your Calcium, Vit D and PTH levels checked since you have been feeling unwell?

Some people with Hyperparathyroidism also have Hypothyroidism (or the other way round).
Have you considered this?

Edwin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 2old2beamum Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:55 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply. Am speaking with my GP tomorrow who is brilliant. Have been feeling low and unwell  for a few months and suddenly it dawned on me I have felt like this before. We shall see!
Once again thank you.

2old2beamum

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:03 pm

You are welcome.

It may be worth taking a list of your symptoms to the GP.
Feeling low and unwell could be caused by a number if medical issues, so symptoms can help the GP to decide which blood tests to try. e.g. hormone levels, minerals, vitamins, etc.

For HPTH, calcium and PTH must be done in the same blood test.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:33 pm

Hello

I hope you get some answers tomorrow. As Edwin says, ask if you can have tests for:

Calcium, Parathyroid Hormone and Vitamin D.

Do let us know how things progress.

Best of Wishes, Tigerlily.

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by 2old2beamum Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:33 pm

Thanks for good wishes, rang surgery yesterday, GP rang me back and wanted to see me. Blood tests done calcium PTH etc. Appt next Friday for results. Am wondering if he thinks there is another problem as he says I have a lot on my plate caring for 5 with SN 2 with complex health needs. Personally I felt like this 4 years ago prior to the removal of the first little blighter and I am a person who thrives on stress. We shall see!!!

2old2beamum

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Hi - so glad your GP is taking this seriously and is sympathetic to your situation. So rare!

Do let us know what your results are next week.

And where are you located in the UK, by the way? We may be able to point you in the direction of an endo or an endo surgeon who understands parathyroid issues.

Best of Wishes, Tigerlily.

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:08 pm

I suggest that you ask your GP for a printed copy of your blood results.   Do not accept 'normal' from your GP.
Despite the protests that some people have experienced at their GP surgery, you have the right to have your test results.

Edwin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum