Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acquired Fructose Intolerance

Go down

Acquired Fructose Intolerance Empty Acquired Fructose Intolerance

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 1:30 pm

I have noticed that a few people have posted that they were told they had a fatty liver.

I too was told that I have a fatty liver.

Then another doctor told me that I had acquired fructose intolerance. When our bodies are stressed by illness then sometimes we struggle with metabolic processes and fructose metabolism is one. Excess fructose that cannot be metabolised eventually becomes fat!

If I ever ate sugar, I used to get a dip in energy so I ate more sugar for fast energy and it was a vicious circle. I never felt well if I ate sugar anyway.

I adopted a low fructose diet and I certainly felt a lot better.

I cut out all added sugar. Our table sugar contains a mix of fructose and glucose.  So no biscuits, cakes, puddings etc!

I reduced the amount of fruit I ate and I increased the amount of vegetables. I cut out fruit juice as this is high in fructose. It’s better to eat an orange rather than drink concentrated orange juice.

Initially I reduced my daily fructose intake to the equivalent of ¼ of an apple. Now as I have improved I maybe have a whole piece of fruit every other day. I eat unlimited vegetables, however vegetable like tomatoes, peppers and onions contain more fructose than other vegetables so don’t overdo them.

If I felt my energy levels going low I would eat an oatcake which contained no added sugar but a longer lasting carbohydrate which oats are. I carry oatcakes in my handbag!

Processed foods tend to have a lot of fructose in them so read the ingredient list carefully. Fresh food is much better.

Back to top Go down

Acquired Fructose Intolerance Empty Re: Acquired Fructose Intolerance

Post by Little Audrey Wed May 07, 2014 10:58 pm

Thanks for the info, Maggie! Never gave this much thought, other than worrying about the calories in sugar. I mean, I try not to eat many sweet things, but, as we all know, there is quite a big of various sugars in many other foods. This is very interesting!

Luckily, my liver enzymes have been normal for a couple of years now, so I hope my problem was being caused from the HPT. I guess like everything else, time will tell.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum