Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitamin D Ergocalciferol 50,000 IU post op

+2
Hadleigh
susanmariedavis
6 posters

Go down

Vitamin D Ergocalciferol 50,000 IU post op Empty Vitamin D Ergocalciferol 50,000 IU post op

Post by susanmariedavis Sat May 24, 2014 7:26 pm

I wrote about this in another post but specifically I am wondering if anyone felt sick after taking this med post op.  I took it yesterday and I don't think I will ever let one of these little blue pills past my lips again...!!!

Wow I felt tired and just plain rotten.

Please share your experiences please.  Can't wait to hear from you all...

susanmariedavis

Back to top Go down

Vitamin D Ergocalciferol 50,000 IU post op Empty Re: Vitamin D Ergocalciferol 50,000 IU post op

Post by Hadleigh Sat May 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi Susan

I'm pre op so can't offer any help but I'm wondering why you have been prescribed the Ergo as that is a VitD2 not D3 which is usually what we are given for deficiency.

It is a very high dose you have been given so that is probably the reason you feel so bad with it, can you try a lower dose and see how you go ?

I can't take D3 as it makes me feel horrible so I'm probably really deficient again, last count was 37 (better than my previous 12) and my surgeon would prefer it up to 60 by surgery time but not much hope as I can't take enough D to get it anywhere near  Rolling Eyes 

Hopefully one of the post op crew will be along soon to help you.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Vitamin D Ergocalciferol 50,000 IU post op Empty Re: Vitamin D Ergocalciferol 50,000 IU post op

Post by Linny Sat May 24, 2014 7:57 pm

Hi Susan
I haven't been on the forum lately because I feel so cr**p and I have been like it for a month since I took four lots of vitamin d 50000 units. I took the last dose on April 25th, I didn't finish the course but have been just wiped out. On Thursday I ended up in A&E because calcium levels were really low. Doctors just don't get it and I am at home suffering waiting for it to stop. My calcium was down to 2.18 but if I take calcium tablets my heart races.... Very frightening.  Don't take any more!!!
I wish I hadn't. I have been ill for a month and it has ruined my life every day. I don't understand what exactly happened but crushing anxiety, muscle spasms, cramps, twitches nausea, weakness. I am so interested to read your post as I have been thinking I was going mad.
I hope you are ok. This nightmare seems never ending Evil or Very Mad 
Love Lynnx

Linny

Back to top Go down

Post by Linny Sat May 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Susan I don't mean to worry you and my vitamin d has gone high and yours might not be, but check with doc as I wish I had taken low dose to correct vitamin d deficiency instead.

Linny

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Sat May 24, 2014 8:05 pm

That sounds horrible Lynn, the more I read of the problems post surgery the more I wonder if I want it done  Shocked maybe I should leave well alone.

Hope you recover very soon and you to Susan

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sat May 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Oh Lynn, I'm so sorry to hear that you are still suffering so much - and a trip to A & E......?!!!!! Are you having any post op follow up with Mr Palazzo?  What does he have to say?  What on earth is going on with our post op problems???? Surgery was supposed to get us out of this parathyroid misery, particularly us second timers!!!!!!! I wonder if your dormant glands are just taking their time to 'wake up' Lynn? You're certainly quite hypocalcaemic, albeit just within the range that FP uses (2.10-2.55).  I'm baffled ....

Please take very good care of yourself Lynn, hope you're soon feeling much better - this is just miserable for you!

Love and cyber hugs coming your way!

Susan, I couldn't tolerate Vit D supplements either, made me feel really ill, although nowhere near as badly as for you and Lynn seemingly, but I didn't actually stay on them for long as Dr Norman insisted I stopped taking them when I was accepted for surgery. I didn't stay on them long post op either!  Hope you soon feel much better.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sat May 24, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi Susan & Lynn
I felt really crap taking very high doses of vit d GP prescribed after my op palpitations nausea dizzy.
I'm sorry you have both experienced it and I really hope you start to feel much better soon.
It's so unfair you have to go through this again Lynn.
Love to you both A xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sun May 25, 2014 2:41 am

Well, this darned disease really stinks!!

Lynn, I am so sorry you are struggling so with your recovery! I do not have low calcium post-op. I actually wish mine was a bit lower. My latest was 9.9. I too have been VERY weak and shaky and having lots of twitches for several months, but it's certainly not from low calcium. I don't know why recovery has to be so darned rough!

I started taking vitamin D supplements again just recently when I noticed the terrible weakness I had been feeling for about a month, totally went away after spending several hours out in the sun. It happened again several days later. I was convinced it was a vitamin D problem. Well, today I have been horribly weak and shaky, and I am still taking the vitamin D. Why does every aspect of this disease have to be so complicated and challenging?!

I do hope you start to feel better soon!!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down