Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do I feel so nervous seeing a GP!!

2 posters

Go down

Why do I feel so nervous seeing a GP!! Empty Why do I feel so nervous seeing a GP!!

Post by Lucie83 Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi All

Does anyone else just dread going to the GP to ask for blood tests, again and again and again!

Have an appointment tomorrow to ask for Calcium, PTH, Thyroid and Deficiences but I get fed up explaining myself! Have Sestamibi & U/S in 2 weeks but I'm doing that privately but been told in the mean time to have regular blood checks as mine are still "normal" apparently  Evil or Very Mad 

Anyone else had enough of hot sweats today!! affraid 

Thanks
Lucie

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Why do I feel so nervous seeing a GP!! Empty Re: Why do I feel so nervous seeing a GP!!

Post by Kathi209 Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:24 pm

I feel that way when I see my endo. My mind just goes blank. He has told me to write down my questions, because he would be more than happy to try and answer them. Which I need to do, but for some reason I feel like I am getting ahead of myself with some of the questions I want to ask. I think we know our health is in there hands so we get nervous. I did get upset when I ask gp to run cal/pth labs as I was not feeling well at all, and I wasn't going to see endo for a few months, gp agreed but said that was all he was going to do. But on follow up I told him I felt foolish asking him for lab work, I was worried that maybe my calcium might have jumped up to high. He told me that we have known each other for 30 years so I should never feel foolish asking him for anything. So to make a long story short we just need to keep asking for what we feel we need and not worry about what the gp thinks because most gp do want to help. Take care Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down