Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

calcium levels on 60mg of cinacalcet

3 posters

Go down

calcium levels on 60mg of cinacalcet Empty calcium levels on 60mg of cinacalcet

Post by rach260190 Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi everyone I had my bloods done last Tuesday,  and a calcium of 2.53 after 4 days on 60 me of cinacalcet

I've just had the results of yesterdaya bloods as I had some booked in any way

I've been on 60mg for a week and a half and yesterday's calcium was 2.37 so ìt seems to be doing the tick hope it doesn't go to low!  Life here is much more bareable. 

However my tsh was 3.7 so looks like that maybe going up a little.  I'm currently off thyroxine as 50mg was too much. My thyroid doesn't seem to stay stable. 

Not sure what to make of that. 

Rachel

rach260190

Back to top Go down

calcium levels on 60mg of cinacalcet Empty Re: calcium levels on 60mg of cinacalcet

Post by Hadleigh Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi Rachel

Good your calcium has gone down. I would lay bets you still have a thyroid problem, your previous levels definitely indicate it. TSH of 3.7 is too high and the fact that it is increasing again shows your thyroid is struggling, did you get T4 and 3 tested ?

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

calcium levels on 60mg of cinacalcet Empty Re: calcium levels on 60mg of cinacalcet

Post by rach260190 Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi Nelly thanks for your reply. I agree, not sure what's going on there,  if it's just hypothyroid or hyper and hypo and maybe hashis. 
I didn't have my t3 and t4 tested as I had that a few weeks ago. 
I've experienced hypo and hyper And I'm trying to find where is most comfortable at what Tsh.  I definitely had hyper symptoms with normal top end t3 t4 and supressed  Tsh. But I feel like you said 3.7 is now too high. So don't know what to do about that. It seems such a struggle to get that right Too.  Maybe 25mg would suit me better. 

Rachel x

rach260190

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:23 pm

Glad to hear the Cinacalcet is working on the calcium Rachel, and very glad you are feeling a bit better because of it! It is a shame so many of us have to deal with multiple endocrine issues. I do hope you get the thyroid under control too. So many different things to make us feel like crap! Crying or Very sad

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by rach260190 Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:25 pm

Thanks Audrey. It seems to be pretty common I guess ! 
Not sure what's the best plan for me regarding my thyroid. 50mg seems too much but I know that's only a small dose.
Rachel xx

rach260190

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:52 pm

Yes, thyroid is also very hard to regulate. I have problems because in order to get my T3 and T4 looking good, my TSH has to be in the dirt! My PA, internist, and endo all have a problem with this. They want me to take less medication. If I do that, the T3 and T4 are too low. My nephro is the only doctor who thinks differently regarding all of this. I just saw him yesterday. My TSH VERY low, and the T3 and T4 are mid-range. So he is happy. If 50 mg is too much, try a lower dose. Don't worry about it being a small dose. We are all different. Whatever you need to get your levels looking good, that is what you should take.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by rach260190 Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Thanks Audrey.  My endo has written in my clinic letters that I have stopped taking thyroxine so currently my levels are off thyroxine completely. This has been for a few months now. I don't really want to go agonist her words so maybe I should just wait for a little bit.
25mg seems such a small dose but like you said we're all different. 
Rachel xxx

rach260190

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down