Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migthy cold here in Pittsburgh, Pa.!!!

2 posters

Go down

Migthy cold here in Pittsburgh, Pa.!!! Empty Migthy cold here in Pittsburgh, Pa.!!!

Post by Little Audrey Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:52 pm

The temperature dropped to -10F this morning! Windchill was -19. We broke a record for coldest temperature for the date that was set back in 1896. It is now up to 5. The high today is 8. The high yesterday was 7. Warmer tomorrow but 3-5" of snow in the forecast. WHERE IS SPRING?!!!!!

Frozen Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Migthy cold here in Pittsburgh, Pa.!!! Empty Re: Migthy cold here in Pittsburgh, Pa.!!!

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Have things warmed up a little for you Audrey or are you still snapping icicles from the end of your nose? Hope you're managing to get outside to do your Eskimo Nell bit and make some holes in the ice on the pond for your fish...... What a Face

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Migthy cold here in Pittsburgh, Pa.!!! Empty Re: Migthy cold here in Pittsburgh, Pa.!!!

Post by Little Audrey Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:10 am

Still VERY cold here, Jasmine! Actually yesterday we did get a nice break. The temperature was in the low 30s. I had to laugh at myself yesterday afternoon. I went outside in flip-flops with no coat to clean the ice on the pond to feed the fish. I got snow on my toes since they were bare, but I actually felt warm!! That's pretty bad, isn't it?! It really did feel warm!!

Today the high was 9 degrees. Tonight we are supposed to break another record with a low of -3. The normal temperature for this time of the year is 24. I am so tired of this!! Hopefully it will end soon!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Well, it got a bit colder last night than expected. We reached a low of -9. Another record broken. Right now it is -5 with a windchill of -24. I want to swim, darn it!!!! Sad WHERE IS SPRING?!!

Still Frozen Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:33 pm

Wow Audrey, that's some cold spell! Spring is right around the corner - I have a little bunch of Snowdrops in my garden which always cheer me up whenever they appear. I HATE winter too, although our winters are positively balmy compared to yours affraid

J x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:55 am

Yes, it sure is, Jasmine, and I've about had enough! Dropping down to 0 tonight and 2-4 more inches of snow tomorrow night and Sunday. Sad I think I'm going to trade my car in for a sleigh!!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:58 pm

I love the snow - watching it through the window of my comfy living room in front of a roaring fire, that is! Apart from that it can naff off! Laughing

J x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:50 pm

Well, here we go again. Three to five more inches of snow predicted for tomorrow into Thursday. Sad At least it is warmer now. Today the temperature is in the upper 30s and raining.

Jasmine, I agree with you 100%. The snow is lovely to look at. I just don't like be out and about in it or dealing with the ice on my pond!

Surely there can't be much left of this cold, crappy weather!!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:07 am

It looks like the cold just does not want to leave us here!! The temperature dropped to -4 degrees last night. We shattered the old record for coldest temperature for March 5th, set back in 1871! It was also the coldest March day ever recorded!! Thank goodness, it looks like some warmer temperatures are on the way!! Supposed to be in the 50s in a few days! cheers sunny cheers

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum