Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

latest calcium and tsh

3 posters

Go down

latest calcium and tsh Empty latest calcium and tsh

Post by rach260190 Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:53 pm

I had a blood test yesterday to check where everything is at the moment. 
My calcium has risen again but still normal at 2.57
It was 2.37 in Feb then 2.45 again at the end of Feb. 

My tsh was 3.7 in Feb and yesterday it was 3.9 so on the way up again. 
I feel so tried Sad 

I rang the waiting list Co ordinator and asked about the waiting list times for surgery and they said at the earliest end of summer. 

Seems the cinch let is doing its job just about still and I will have another pescription for that to see me through a couple of months. 

Rachel xx

rach260190

Back to top Go down

latest calcium and tsh Empty Re: latest calcium and tsh

Post by rach260190 Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:56 pm

*cinacalcet whoops

rach260190

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:04 pm

Rachel, what is your PTH level?    The calcium is a little high, but I'm curious as to what your PTH level is to go with that calcium level.

Sorry the TSH is increasing.   Do you take thyroid meds?

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by rach260190 Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:07 pm

hi Audrey 
they never do my Pth it doesn't seem to matter where it is my calcium just jumps about. 
I  on 25mg of thyroxine but only recently as Ive been under active and over active again that skips about where it wants too also. I can't seem to keep anything stable 
it has been suggested I have hashimotos but I haven't been diagnosed with that just primary hypo thyroid and phpt

Rachel xxx

rach260190

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:17 pm

I know the feeling, Rachel.   Seems like I can't seem to get my act together either when it comes to health issues!    Very frustrating!

I am a bit confused as to how your doctors have diagnosed pHPT without knowing your PTH.  scratch   You need both for a diagnosis.    

As far as the thyroid issues go, my doctors tested my antibodies, and the test revealed I did not have Hashi's, but when I had my parathyroid surgery, I had 1 thyroid nodule removed also, and at that time the surgeon stated that the nodule appeared to be that of a nodule affected from Hashi's.   So I guess I do have Hashi's.   Maybe the antibodies have worsened since they were tested.    I really don't know.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by rach260190 Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:00 pm

My Pth was done lots of times for the diagnosis but now I'm on the cinacalcet they don't really bother now. Just test the calcium
my anti bodies were tested and there were some present but that was in my hypo phase not in the hyper phase 

Rachel xxx

rach260190

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Oh, I see.    We sure are complicated creatures, aren't we?   Laughing    Sure wish things could be simpler regarding our our health!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by rach260190 Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:23 pm

Hi Audrey

Me too I really wish things were more simple.  I don't know what's going on with my thyroid. It does its own thing.  At thend moment 3.9 the is too high for me but we will see how the thyroxine goes.
I'm confused about hashimotos would the anti bodies be higher during a hyper phase as maybe the thyroid is being attacked?  

So confusing. 

Rachel xxx

rach260190

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:06 am

Hmmmm.......I really don't know about that, Rachel.   It would make sense to me, but I just don't know.   Maybe Edwin or Nelly will hop on here and give us their opinions.   They might know.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:55 am

You don't need to worry about what the antibodies are doing, if you have them, you have them, they go up and down occasionally but make no difference to treatment.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by rach260190 Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:01 am

Thanks Nelly, 
I'm a bit confused as to wether I do have hashimotos.  My gp has suggested it but my Endo never mentioned it.  I guess it's something that you need to get a bigger picture of over time and blood tests too see the fluctuations. 

And getting a dose right that will stop the swings, unless it's perminantly hypo now As I've noticed the swings from hyper to hypo over the years but more symptomatic and staying in the hypo phase longer

Rachel Smile x

rach260190

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:32 am

Again it doesn't really matter if you have a hashi label or not, the treatment is the same. Your levels will probably change after the op so getting the right dose might be a way off yet.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by rach260190 Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:49 am

Thank you Nelly !
like you said things may change after the op maybe my thyroid function will be better and not worse! Who knows I hope it would sort itself. 
Got a long long wait for surgery. ... I think I will be waiting roughly the same length of time you did Mr M said later in the year and the Co ordinator for general sugary said at earliest end of the summer. I'm just happy to be on the list !!! 
I've been told the pre op is always in a Friday and they try to do the vocal chord check at the same time.
my gp is calling me today about blog test results.... should be interesting haha 

Rachel x

rach260190

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down