Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

questions re post op recovery

2 posters

Go down

questions re post op recovery Empty questions re post op recovery

Post by patcsw Thu May 15, 2014 12:57 am

Hi everyone

have an appt w the surgeon on Tuesday next here in NY - his asst told me that even w minimally invasive surgery, recovery is 1 to 2 weeks!!

Im wondering if anyone can share their experience re what it was like for them post-op...I am a therapist and have to plan my schedule accordingly as well as having a lot of stuff coming up in the next few weeks - graduations, etc etc...

I actually have been trying to stay away from gluten and sugar and feeling a bit better....thanks for being there
Pat

patcsw

Back to top Go down

questions re post op recovery Empty Re: questions re post op recovery

Post by Hadleigh Thu May 15, 2014 8:27 am

I'm waiting to have surgery and the surgeon told me it would be 2 weeks to recover.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 10:06 am

Hello Pat
Glad you have an appointment soon. I think 2 weeks is about right for recovery from the operation, for your wound to heal etc. For your body to adjust to the change in calcium levels a lot depends on what your calcium levels do and how high the calcium has been and how long you have had parathyroid disease. I have been feeling improvements over a period of months. Continue to pace yourself for a few months and just do essential stuff. I would say graduations are essential though! Good luck with the appointment and surgery.
maggie2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down