Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endo Appointment

+2
Amanda Lynne
MaryM
6 posters

Go down

Endo Appointment Empty Endo Appointment

Post by MaryM Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi everyone

Well had my Endo appointment yesterday.

Endo welcomed me and said I see that you have seen the Surgeon and I replied yes and told her that I got word last week to say the op is on 26th June.
She was glad to hear it was so soon and said thats great and hopefully that will cure you.

She then went on to say that i was here today for more tests and I asked why?
She then said the tests are for the Adrenal Incidentaloma and I had not got a clue what she was talking about.

She said that when I had a CT Scan it had shown that I had this and it is a Gland and I asked if this Gland was in my neck and she said no it is just above your Kidneys.

Then I remebered that the Chest Clinic had sent me for a Chest and Pelvis scan but no-one had mentioned anything other than Kidney stones and Gall stones.

I was shocked and I actually said how can I be so unlucky to have so many things up with me and she just said listen it might no be anything we just need to do the tests to rule anything out.  She explained that these Glads produce different types of hormones and she said the last bloods they had done had not shown anything but there was one hormone that still needs to be checked.

So I have to do a 24hr Urine collection, like the one for the PTH but this bottle has some type of Acid in it and this will then be tested.

As you can imagine I came away shocked and I am still trying to get my head around this new thing.

Mary x

MaryM

Back to top Go down

Endo Appointment Empty Re: Endo Appointment

Post by Amanda Lynne Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi Mary 
That was a surprise I guess now you know why they made you that Endo appt. It would have been courteous to inform you what it was about though. Walking into that must have been quite a shock not very nice for you.
I have no knowledge of Adrenal problems but I'm sure someone on here will be of help to you. Do you know exactly what they are checking your urine for ? It usually says on the form they give you.
Sorry you've had a shock and have something else to cause you problems.
Keep strong and let's hope the Endo does her job quick and gets you sorted.
Love Amanda xxxx

Last edited by Amanda Lynne on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo as usual !!!!!)
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by bridggar Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:29 am

FWIW - I was tested for this also - I was told it can be the cause of the adenoma. Thankfully I didn't have it - hopefully, you'll be the same. That said, it would be nice to know what caused hyperparathyroidism in the first place!

bridggar

Back to top Go down

Endo Appointment Empty Endo Appointment

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:13 am

Hi Marym,

I sorry to hear your news, why do Doctor spring things on you like that!! i have no idea what Adrenal Incidentaloma is, so i can't really comment, only that its a positive that they are testing you anyway.

I am also new here and the community on this forum are very welcoming and supportive.

Good luck for your operation on the 26th of June and i know its easy for me to say but try and stay strong and hopefully your endocringnologist will get to the bottom of the Adrenal Incidentaloma issue.

Take care

Diana x

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryM Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:24 am

Hi all

I am feeling a bit better now as I have had time for all this to sink in.
I think being told you have a tumor anywhere even although it could turn out to be nothing is quite alarming.
I really thought the appointment was about the Parathyroid OP or maybe about the Kidney stone.
I suppose there is no point in worrying about something that might be nothing.
So I will concetrate on the Parathyroid OP just now and try not to think about anything else.
I have the hospital on Thursday 19th for a Pre-OP assessment for the Parathyroid OP, not sure what this involves, so maybe some of you nice people can let me know what to expect.
Thanks
Mary x

MaryM

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi Mary
All my pre-op assessment involved was blood pressure, blood tests, a few questions about general health, MRSA test and that was about it I think, it was over a year ago so I may have forgotten something but I think that's it, very easy really didn't take long.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryM Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi Amanda
Thanks for the info.
Did you see the Surgeon on that visit or do you just see a nurse.
Mary x

MaryM

Back to top Go down

Post by bridggar Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:54 pm

My pre-op assessment was via post! Just a few basic questions which were followed up via a phone call (as I'd never had a general before).

bridggar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi Mary I had previously seen surgeon and the assessment was with a nurse. Good luck with it.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:42 pm

Hi Mary

I had my pre op assessment last week and the appt took just over 2 hours. Lots of questions, height, weight, blood pressure x 4, ECG, blood tests, MRSA test, I saw the Pharmacist and should have seen the anaesthetist but she wasn't there. I will apparently have to go back and see her before they give me a date.

I recommend you take print outs of past medical history and medications you are on plus any relevant blood and test results, it saves you having to remember everything and they can be put in with your notes.

Be prepared for a long appt, on my letter it said can take 2-4 hours and mine was as I said just over 2 hours.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:45 pm

Should have added my appt was with 2 pre op nurses and I had a very long form to fill in before I went in which they then went over again.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryM Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi
Thanks for all the replies, they are very helpful.

I know they have all the information on computer but they still ask you lots of questions.

I thought this was funny when I saw the Surgeon as  he said to me that he had just finished reading my notes and that I looked a lot better than my notes.
Mary x

MaryM

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Grrrr .... Don't you just hate that, when people tell you how well you look and you're actually feeling like cr*p!  That's another annoying and frustrating thing about pHPT - what people see on the outside in no way reflects what's happening on the inside and it's so hard to get people to seriously understand sometimes when you don't look like you're at death's door!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:22 pm

Yes if we all looked like we felt most days we would be sent straight to A & E.
I think it's the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes the routine of showering doing my hair and putting a bit of makeup on, I can then face the world even if I feel (as Jasmine says) c**p.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:24 pm

That must have been a shock for you Mary, but it's always better for such things to be checked out so they don't cause further problems. It's nice to know that you look so well whilst coping with so much!!

Good luck with your pre op and the op too! It's all happening.

Have a lovely weekend.

Love
Brigitte x
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down