Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endocrinologist appointment

2 posters

Go down

Endocrinologist appointment Empty Endocrinologist appointment

Post by mel123 Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi all 

I feel like i`ve been on a roller coaster ride again!!

June`s blood results: PTH 53, corr. cal. 2.58 and vit D 35

March`s blood results: PTH 54, corr. cal 2.65 and vit D 32

Jan`s blood results: PTH 81, corr. cal. 2.62 and vit D 35

The appointment kept swing from positive to negative with regards to surgery.  I reminded her that I was 41 years old with osteopenia of the spine.  The parathyroid scan showed nothing and I am waiting for a ultrasound scan.  At the end of the consultation she said that she will see me in three months after one more blood test and she will probably refer me to a surgeon.  

Three months seems such a long time to wait and still not knowing if surgery will be on the cards or not.  I was surprised that PTH was in normal range and tried to justify this by saying that I`m still having many symptoms.  She said that because in January I started taking a dose of 400 (vit D)  then in March I doubled it to 800 and now I am doubling it again to 1600 that she thinks that is why my PTH has come down which is what she would expect to happen in HPT, I think thats what she said any way, has any one else heard of this?

Thanks 

Mel

mel123

Back to top Go down

Endocrinologist appointment Empty Re: Endocrinologist appointment

Post by lozza Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:49 am

Hi Mel,
Endo don't seem to rush at doing anything. I think endo just wants to make sure and if endo only wants one more blood tests than that is encouraging. I think the vit d takes around 3 months of supplements before it does anything.

So i think that is why endo is waiting another 3 months. 
sounds like you are very close.

Personally i wish endo would just say think straight out rather than we will wait and do more bloods as it doesn't explain things.

best wishes

Lozza Very Happy

lozza

Back to top Go down

Post by mel123 Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi Lozza

Thanks for your reply.  

Yes it would make life easier if Endo just explained themselves instead of make us play a guessing game. 

I am grateful to my GP who diagnosed me early and I haven't gone through years of waiting for this to happen, like many people on this forum.  So for that I do feel very lucky and sympathize immensely with others struggling to get that far.  However like everyone on here I find it hard to wait another three months as my life passes by.

Oh well at least the sun is shining time to stop moaning!!!!!

Thanks 

Mel flower  flower  flower

mel123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down