Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eye Sufferers

5 posters

Go down

Eye Sufferers Empty Eye Sufferers

Post by Lucie83 Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi All

Just a quick question, does anybody suffer with sensitive eyes? Mine water a lot and my eyelids sometimes look red and they feel like they are on fire!! My eyes seem more bloodshot and seem dull and always like there is pressure behind them, even though I have regular eye tests, they are always fine.

Does anybody else's eyes suffer?

Lucie x

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Eye Sufferers Empty Re: Eye Sufferers

Post by Tigerlily Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:36 pm

Oh yes, Lucie - very sensitive and dry eyes, and I have to remove the white cliffs of Dover from them daily in the form of a crusty crystal (calcium??) deposit that accumulates in the corners. Sorry - quite gross.

The pressure behind the eyes that you describe reminds me of the pressure I have all over my head at the moment, but especially in the eye sockets. Sometimes I have to tell Peter that although I'm listening to him I don't want to move my eyes towards him to look at him, because they feel somehow "fixed" in their sockets. They're not of course, but I just don't want to move them.

I hope other forum members will be able to chip in here and that you're not suffering too much. Try lying down with a warm flannel across your eyes for a while - even if it does nothing for you the rest will do you good!

Love from Tigerlily xxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie83 Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks Tigerlily. Sorry to hear you experience the same, I too sometimes avoid looking sideways as it hurts too much :-) thought maybe it was just me.

Also, congratulations on getting somewhere with HPTH! It's about time xx

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi Lucie
I don't get problems to that extent but I do get watery sore eyes that get very red sometimes and achey. Hope you get some answers.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi Lucie,
Yes I have had eye problems ever since I became hypothyroid, it was one of the first symptoms to show up.  I had a burning sensation and redness caused by dry eyes, my right eye is the worst affected and can really ache rather than prickle.  I know it sounds daft but watery eyes are in fact a symptom of dry eyes, the dry eye tries to stimulate more moisture for the tear film.  My eyes get tired and the muscles get fatigued easily as well.  I find now it is more seasonal and for some reason I notice it round about now, in fact last week went and bought some more moisturising eye drops!  Contact lens wearers are more prone to dry eyes as well.  I too often use a warm flannel on my eyelids, there are vertical lube tubes for want of a better word on the inside of your upper eyelids that can get a bit blocked and the warmth can unblock them to help increase the tear film.
Hope this helps a little as I know how uncomfortable it is,
Sue x
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:05 pm

I also have eye problems. Mine are sore and achy and feel sort of pressured. I usually wear contact lenses but haven't used them for months because they make it worse. Just had a letter that I'm due for a contact lens check... but I don't want to put them in! I should bite the bullet and do it and ask for a sight test whilst I'm there. I wear my specs, but most of the time seem to push them up out of the way and prefer the blurriness! Must make an effort to sort it out. 

Love 
Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down