Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glucose supression test done.

2 posters

Go down

Glucose supression test done. Empty Glucose supression test done.

Post by Amanda Lynne Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi All
I have just returned from the Hospital after having the Glucose Supression test done. This is because over 3 mths ago I had a load of bloods done and the growth hormone one showed up as raised. I was told at an appt with Registrar 1 month after blood tests that everything was fine nothing showed up but.........Endo has just "reviewed" my bloods and found that growth hormone was raised. This is 3 mths since the blood test!!!
Anyway this was a fasting blood test and was at 10am. As I suffer with gerd I always take gaviscon when I wake up but I couldn't do this or eat or drink anything except sips of water, so by the time I got to hospital I had raging heartburn.
I was in a small ward of 2 beds and some chairs and had 2 lots of bloods done, this is to check base levels. Then I had to drink a huge glass of glucose, it wasn't too bad bit like flat lucozade, in a minute and then had bloods taken every 1/2 hour by a lovely chatty Endo nurse called George.
He said he had done quite a few of these tests and most of the people with suspected growth hormone problems had very big hands, feet, jaw and that he said I didn't look like that which I found very encouraging, I'm keeping everything X'd that I don't have it.
It took about 2 1/2 hrs so not too bad.
I got home and suddenly felt awful, dizzy, shaky, pins and needles so I guess either blood sugar had dropped or blood pressure. Had to have 4 choccy digestives a cup of tea and some toast before I felt better, with my feet raised up. 
George said results take up to 2 wks to come back so he would remind Endo when to expect them.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Glucose supression test done. Empty Re: Glucose supression test done.

Post by lozza Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:11 pm

Well done for getting through this, doesn't sound nice at all. It will also be another test of the list. I hope you will treat yourself to something. I always have to promise myself a little treat after these things.

Best wishes

Lozza cat  cat  cat

lozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi Lozza
Yes I think a treat is in order cat Not sure what but I'm sure I'll think of something. Very Happy 
There has to be something nice in amongst all this crap.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down