Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DXA report

+2
Tigerlily
mel123
6 posters

Go down

DXA report Empty DXA report

Post by mel123 Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi 

I requested all this years test reports from the Endo dept.

I remember in April having a telephone conversation with a Locum Endo who said that my DXA scan was normal with slight Osteopenia to my spine. Well whats your opinion on this!!!

T Score
Lumbar spine -2.3
Total left hip +0.1
NOF -1.0
Left forearm ultra distal region -1.3
Mid region -0.8
Distal third -0.9

Thanks 

Mel x

mel123

Back to top Go down

DXA report Empty Re: DXA report

Post by Tigerlily Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:55 pm

Your results are about the same as mine, Mel.

-2.5 would be osteoporosis, so your -2.3 indicates osteopenia, the precursor to osteoporosis.

I have the same level, -2.3, in my left femoral neck (hip area).

Osteopenia is still a risk factor for osteoporosis - and they don't want you to get that far usually.

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by mel123 Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi Tigerlily

I`m shocked at the results as I thought I was just in the range of osteopenia in my spine, after my telephone conservation.  I never thought I was that close to the osteoporosis. Also he never mentioned my forearm results which also is in the osteopenia range. 

Do you have annual DXA scans? I think I might suggest this to my Endo. 

It`s so helpful to see these results in black and white and not taking your doctors word for it.  I bet if this was his results would take action?

Mel x

mel123

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi Mel

I know what you mean about the results. That was my first DEXA scan. An annual is probably a good idea.
There's very little radiation involved as it's quite focussed and the radiographer doesn't have to leave the room.

Can't remember where you are in your HPT odyssey, but you don't want osteopenia to progress to frank osteoporosis - and neither do I.

Let us know what your plans are.

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:35 am

Well, I've had many symptoms, but never had osteoporosis or even osteopenia.

A few years ago I noticed my PA's office had osteopenia on my medical record. I questioned this because I could have sworn when I had a DEXA 5 years prior, I was told I did NOT have osteopenia. I went to the hospital and requested a copy of this report. Turned out I was right. My bones were perfectly healthy. So I had osteopenia removed from my record. I have no idea who put that on my record. One more reason to keep your eyes open when it comes to your health care.

I know this had nothing really to do with this thread. Just wanted to share.  Smile 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:00 am

I have osteopenia but as the treatment is calcium supplements we are a bit stuck, hopefully surgery can reverse it.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by mel123 Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:11 pm

Thanks guys, 

Hopefully when I see Endo late September she will refer me to a surgeon.  

Mel x

mel123

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:42 am

It shows how you should get copies of your results, doesn't it Mel?! I hope your Endo takes the results into consideration when you next see him. 

Love 
Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:56 am

These results are very similar to mine and my Endo also described this as mild osteopenia !!!!
Wonder if they would feel the same if it was their body !!!
A xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:02 am

Come on Amanda, Endos and GPs have never had HPT, otherwise they would have made a fuss and changed the way we get diagnosed and treated!! 

Or maybe not..... 

Love 
Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi Brigitte
One of the GP's at my practice said his brother had gone through PTH disease and had been very unwell and had op. Did this GP have any idea about the disease, how to diagnose it how to help with Endos etc...........not a b****y Scooby Doo and was completely useless !!!.......or maybe he just couldn't be a***d.
I'm hoping to hear from Endo this week as she's back from her hols and must at least have Pit Growth Hormone result and latest blood results.
I seriously need to get the pit problem answered as I'm putting it to the back of my mind atm but it keeps creeping up on me and stressing me out, what with that and waiting on the FHH results  Crying or Very sad 
Anyway what will be will be I just want to know.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down