Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital today with FP!

+4
Brigitte0
Amanda Lynne
Tigerlily
mealinacup1
8 posters

Go down

Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital today with FP! Empty Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital today with FP!

Post by mealinacup1 Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Hi all, busy day at Hammersmith hospital today Dr FP's clinic was running 40 minutes late had another blood test. FP couldn't believe this has been going on for over 2 years, anyway I have to get another sesambi scan of the neck, and scan off my kidneys to see if their is any calcification off the kidneys, a bone scan, a 4D CT scan ( suppose to be the latest and most accurate in finding adenomas.) He believes i am highly suggestive of Parathyroid disease, but he wants to rule out FHH, a disease which mimics Parathyroid disease, he wants to do this his way and start right from the beginning, thank God i had all my paperwork he was pleased with that ( Thank you Tigerlilly!) he seems to want to get a correct diagnosis and was quite matter of fact. I have to do a 24 hour urine test to gauge calcium level, as mine are always in the high range. He examine my neck, he was the first Consultant to do that! I asked how long this would take he said 6 months to a operation, as a rough guide, my heart sank a bit as this was the same time i was given by my previous hospital and here i am well over 2 years later and no better.
FP was thorough, kind and i feel i am in good hands.
I might need some advice on this 24 hour peeing thingy, anyway i will think about that another day affraid
Take Care everyone

Good luck tomorrow Tigerlilly
Diana

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital today with FP! Empty Re: Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital today with FP!

Post by Tigerlily Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Thanks so much for posting, Diana, after such a busy day. It sounds like a result and I'm sure it will move much faster with FP than with anyone else.

Isn't he just a lovely guy as well?! (Thank you, Jasmine, we are all following in your footsteps!).

I'll post soonest tomorrow after my meet with him.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital today with FP! Empty Re: Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital today with FP!

Post by Amanda Lynne Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:36 pm

So glad you had a good appointment with FP Diana, I know it's a pain but he really seems to be doing everything he can to get it right and that takes time. Just think in 6 mths time you could be cured Very Happy 
Ask any questions you need about the 24 pee collection, most of us have done it.
Yes good luck Tigerlily for tomorrow, I will be thinking of you.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Good News Diana! I'm pleased FP wants to do every test available to find an adenoma and I would count this appointment as a massive step forwards  Smile I wonder why Endos are so set on ruling out FHH and it is so much at the forefront of their minds these days, since I thought it was supposed to be asymptomatic? 

The peeing thing is a nuisance more than anything but lots of us have managed to get it done so I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree you are in good hands and FP is being very thorough and is working hard to get you a diagnosis. I wouldn't worry too much about the 6 month thing, because it could be much sooner, especially if an adenoma pops up in one of those scans and shouts 'Here I am'!!!!!

I'm really pleased you had a good appointment and that all that can be done is being done to help you get your diagnosis as quickly as possible.

Love and Hugs
Brigitte xx

Last edited by Brigitte0 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because even though I check 900 times, I make mistooks. See, there's another one!)
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Oh Diana, so you're in the FHH boat as well?!!!!! Actually, that gives me some hope and reassurance - how you've described your appointment with FP is almost word for word how it went for me but I felt really despondent when he insisted on testing for FHH but listening to your account seems to suggest that this is just his preferred way of doing things, start at the beginning again, do all his own tests and draw his own conclusions. He is very thorough but also very kind, did you feel this? The FHH test alone can take up to three months to get the results of, so with everything else he wants to do six months seems quite realistic Diana. Hang on in there, you're in the best of hands and it's worth being patient knowing that you're having expert care. One step closer Diana - brilliant!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Hey Diana.
Glad your appointment went well. Did F.P. mention the venous sampling you had done? Don't worry about the FHH thing all doc's US or UK if your urine calcium doesn't show up as over the top of normal it seem they love to bring up the FHH. My endo knew I was on a low calcium diet when I first seen him. He said that will cause the 24 hour urine test to come in lower. He told me someone gave me the wrong advice that a calcium enriched diet will never elevate serum calcium but will give a truer reading on urine calcium, he said if I had kidney stones and a very high urine calcium that would be different.

With the chance of you having a chest adenoma I think that it is smart of FP to do some scanning to make sure of where he need to operate.
If you have any questions on the how to of the 24 hour urine we are all experts. haha   Good luck  Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all your positive comments, i will have to look up FHH as i don't really know what it is??

Take care

Diana x

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi Kathi,

I did mention the PVS he say's it is a way of locating a parathyroid adenoma, i also said that some Doctors really disapproved of this method.
He didn't go into my PVS sample and i have said he wants to  start from the beginning, whilst taking note of previous tests, he explained about, the process of Parathyroid adenoma's and that they could be found in different locations, but that was as all he
would commit to.

Diana x

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by Meggy Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Don't make the mistake I did - don't do your 24 hour collection and go out to a party; I honestly thought I was going to explode!

Meggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi Diana,
I am so happy that your appointment went well with Mr P.  I really hope that you will soon have your surgery and that he can find your errant gland and get the dratted thing out.
Hugs Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down