Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nine months post-op, and it looks like I have definitely been cured!!

+7
Lucycatnaps
Tigerlily
Kathi209
Amanda Lynne
Brigitte0
Jasmine2
Little Audrey
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Nine months post-op, and it looks like I have definitely been cured!! - Page 3 Empty Nine months post-op, and it looks like I have definitely been cured!!

Post by Little Audrey Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Oh, my gosh, I am so excited right now!!!    I had a huge disappointment a couple of days ago when my serum calcium from my complete metabolic panel was revealed to be 10.0  (2.5 in UK numbers).    I posted on the forum before that every time I had my calcium tested in a panel AND separately with a parathyroid check, the panel calcium was ALWAYS lower.   If my calcium in the panel was 9.2.  It would be around 9.9 or 10.0 when tested separately with the parathyroid hormone.   It is the separate calcium that the doctors use to diagnose HPT.     So 2 days ago when my panel calcium was revealed at 10.0, my heart sank!    I assumed that meant when the separate calcium level came in, which was tested with the PTH, it would probably be around 10.5 or higher!!    And I was really afraid the PTH would not be extremely low, and you all know what that would have meant!!   affraid     All I could think of was, oh, crap, here we go again!!

Well, the separate calcium and the PTH levels were just revealed on the hospital's patient portal, and I could not possibly be more relieved or happier!!     This is the very first time the panel calcium and the separate calcium came back EXACTLY the same at 10.0!!!!    And if that didn't make me happy enough, my PTH was only 22!!!    This is the lowest my PTH has ever been during the past 3-1/2 years, since it was first tested!!       I had a calcium of 10.0 back in February of this year, 3 months postop.   The PTH at that time was 38.     So I guess my 2 remaining parathyroid glands have finally settled down and have normalized!!    

I sure wish you were all here to celebrate with me!!     I still have a lot of problems going on here, but, hopefully, hyperparathyroidism can be crossed off of my list for good now!     Wow, I need a beer, and I don't even like beer!!!     Laughing 

Love,
Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Nine months post-op, and it looks like I have definitely been cured!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nine months post-op, and it looks like I have definitely been cured!!

Post by Jasmine2 Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Audrey, did something happen to your granddaughter as well (yikes! Hope not .....) or did you mean your daughter in law is coming home?

Take good care of yourself and try to rest as much as you can whilst still enjoying your granddaughters' sleepover.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Nine months post-op, and it looks like I have definitely been cured!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nine months post-op, and it looks like I have definitely been cured!!

Post by Tigerlily Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Enjoy, Audrey - I shall be with my little grandson over the weekend as well!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Oh, my gosh, Jasmine, I did mean my daughter-in-law NOT my granddaughter! Oh, my goodness, no, nothing has happened to my granddaughters! Guess those 5 straight hours of sleep didn't do me a whole lot of good, did they?! Laughing

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:13 pm

And thank you ladies. I'm sure we will have a ball with our granddaughters this weekend, but, as always, it will make me angry that I feel so lousy with still too much pain. They have been talking all summer about pitching a tent and sleeping out on our deck. I kept waiting until I felt better to attempt this. Summer is almost over, and I'm still waiting. So I've given up, and we're just going to do it!

Tigerlily, have a great time with your grandson! I'm sure you will! flower

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Have a lovely weekend Audrey and enjoy the time with your granddaughters. Your brain just isn't used to all that rest! Hope you enjoy camping!! The change could do you good and the company certainly will! Have fun. 

Love and hugs 
Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:52 am

Thanks, Brigitte.   Yes, we did have a GREAT time with our granddaughters, but we weren't able to sleep outside in the tent.  Sad    They were calling for thunderstorms Saturday night, so we opted to sleep in the house.  Darn it!    We are going to attempt the tent thing again hopefully next weekend.

More lab results are in.   My serum calcium is now the lowest it's been since surgery 9-1/2 months ago.    It was 10.2 immediately after surgery.    it is now 9.7!    PTH is a little higher at 39, but that is still very good.    The first time my PTH was tested 3-3/4 years ago, my serum calcium was 9.8, but my PTH was 112.0.   Quite a difference!   More evidence that I have indeed been cured of pHPT!      Now to take care of the adrenal insufficiency!    I hope there's nothing else waiting around the corner for me after this is taken care of.   I could sure use a little break!     I know everyone on here could use a little break!  

Will be another busy day today.  It is Labor Day here in the US.    We have invited out children and grandchildren over for a fun day of swimming, Polaris riding, and fun.   It would be much more fun if I felt better, but it is so very wonderful to have them all around, it will surely be another great day!   Yes, I will get angry a time or two because I feel like crap, and I can't thoroughly enjoy the day the way I'd like to, but I know I am blessed.   I will just be grateful for what I have.  

Looks like another UTI possibly brewing for me too, so that will add to the pleasure of the day.   I am going to try to increase the D-mannose dosage in hopes that will help.

Oh, and lookie there, it has now gotten light enough outside that I can see it is pouring down rain!    A wonderful day for swimming and Polaris riding!   NOT!!!    Hopefully, this will stop soon!    It was supposed to be nice today!    

Hope you all have a great day!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3