Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice from Mr P

4 posters

Go down

Advice from Mr P Empty Advice from Mr P

Post by Lucie83 Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:45 am

Morning All,

Well I was about to book my private consultation with FP and he replied to my email  cheers  he has been honest and said he doesn't think a private consultation is the way to go at the moment as all is needed at the moment is ongoing monitoring. He advised to contact James Ahlquist at Southend as in his opinion, is a very sensible Endocrinologist.

So, on I go Wink I will contact him. My ONLY issue with this is that I'm worried he will tell me the same, which is to have regular monitoring, which I am happy about but I won't get that support from my GP! Unless I can somehow become a patient of an Endo rather than GP.

I have only had email contact with FP but he seems very caring and considering I'm not a patient of his, he has taken the time to advise me. If anyone is seeing him, tell him I said hi Surprised

Lucie x

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Advice from Mr P Empty Re: Advice from Mr P

Post by Jasmine2 Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:43 pm

That's very sound advice from Mr P Lucie. Sounds like he's very diplomatically signposting you in the right direction to get the required monitoring under your belt by an endocrinologist who is sympathetic to the cause. So why not divert your funding to a private consultation with Dr Ahlquist to get the ball rolling, telling him he was recommended by FP? You can probably self refer to him too without a GP referral. I bypassed the idiot GP and went direct to Miles Levy.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:30 pm

Good news Lucie! And to be honest, even if regular monitoring is the only option at the moment, it's more than you would get from your GP! Sometimes small steps become great strides a bit further down the line, but don't lose heart just yet. Positive thinking is best and the new Endo might be the answer to everything. Jasmine offers great advice there, so good luck Smile

Love and hugs 
Brigitte xxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Yes, great news, Lucie. How wonderful that FP recommended someone for you to contact.

You could ask your GP to refer you to this man on the NHS, and if that doesn't work (although I don't see why it wouldn't - just tell your GP you would like to see JA for a second opinion) self-refer to him privately.

Thank you for posting the guy's name. I myself don't have an endo on side, so I may need to be referred to him myself.

Celebrate, Lucie - that's at least 5 steps further forward than you were previously!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down