Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brigitte's Pre-Op

+7
Little Audrey
Brigitte0
Lucie83
mel123
Lucycatnaps
Jasmine2
Tigerlily
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brigitte's Pre-Op Empty Brigitte's Pre-Op

Post by Tigerlily Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:48 am

Best of luck with your pre-op preparations tomorrow, Brigitte!

Hope it all goes well and you get started on a fast path to wellness.

Let us know how it goes.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Brigitte's Pre-Op Empty Re: Brigitte's Pre-Op

Post by Jasmine2 Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:27 am

Ditto that, Brigitte! Soon be on the other side of the pHPT nightmare!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:25 pm

And a big big hug from me as well, finally you will be through all this misery and feeling so much better and about time as you have been through so much.
Great big hugs
Sue x
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by mel123 Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:33 pm

Good luck Brigitte the PHPT nightmare will soon be over x

mel123

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie83 Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Good luck Brigitte! Go kick some a$$!

Lucie

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Aw thank you ladies, especially Tigerlily for starting this thread. I'm really touched, <sniffs, and fetches tissue>

I've got a few issues I'm worried about, but hopefully everything can be answered tomorrow. I still feel pessimistic that there'll be some reason why the op can't go ahead, but the glass is never half full these days Shocked so perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised by the end of tomorrow!

Thank you again: it's so lovely to know you all care.

Love and huge hugs

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:36 pm

Bless you, Brigitte - and do make sure your special issues are all taken care of to your satisfaction.

We'll all be waiting to hear how it went - for future reference!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:44 am

I know I'm bringing up the rear here. Good luck, Brigitte! Getting closer and closer! YAY!!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:20 pm

So, other than thinking that I'd forgotten my purse and going back for it (only to find that it was already in my bag Embarassed) everything went very well. It's good to know that my heart and lungs appear to be very healthy, so it's just the rest of me that's falling apart then  Rolling Eyes

I don't recommend the vocal chord check for a bunch of laughs. "This won't hurt" brought tears to my eyes and then they want you to speak too?! I don't think my right nostril will ever be the same again  Shocked

There are a few issues I need to bring up with the Endo on Wednesday and I definitely need the surgeon, (such a nice bloke apparently - I must have met him on a bad day), to confirm he's going to check all glands. The op is down as a 'Parathyroid Exploration' so that would imply all parathyroids would be investigated according to the nurse, but I want clarification.

I'm not looking forward to washing in Hibi Scrub Plus for 48 hours before the op, including showering and washing hair!!!!!!!!! Yuk, I shall smell like a hospital! But be immune to MRSA.

Love and hugs

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Glad to hear you got through it Brigitte and all is ok. Hibi scrub shower and hairwash is probably not the best beauty regime Very Happy. I haven't been told to use it, just normal shower and hairwash on the morning for me, strange how different hospitals have their own pet rules.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:49 pm

All systems go then Brigitte, fantastic! I've never been required to use Hibi Scrub for my pre op ablutions either, yet my mum had to for her surgery earlier this year. Bizarre.....

Yep, the vocal chord check is a bit unnerving I must admit. I was fine once the camera was in my throat but getting it up your nose and round the bend is a tad unpleasant I agree, but tolerable.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Well, it happened again! I typed a reply to this thread, and it disappeared when I sent it!! Fortunately, I have learned to copy it before I hit "Send." I will repost it below.
Wonderful to hear all went so well, Brigitte, and you're now even closer to being well again!!

Good to hear the lungs are healthy and strong! I know how happy I was when my nephro told me my kidneys were strong and healthy. Even though I was still suffering so badly from so many other symptoms, it was very nice to hear SOMETHING was in good shape! Yay for the healthy lungs!!

Yes, I remember that vocal chord check well. Not a very pleasant experience for some of us. My ENT doc couldn't get the scope through my nasal opening. He told me bone structure was keeping it from passing through. The opening was very small. I guess yours must be too. He had to jamb it up there several times. Even though the area was numbed first, it still didn't feel too good! Sorry you had to deal with that as well. Glad it's over for you.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:28 pm

I wish it had been numbed first Audrey! I have sinus problems so maybe that was the problem because my poor nose still feels bruised now. Never mind, moving forward and onward all the time. It's like there's a straight bit in the road with a bit of a hill, instead of endless hairpin bends going up mountains and getting nowhere except lost.

Love and hugs

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Great news, Brigitte - so glad it went well.

Have a good sleep tonight.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:16 am

Hi Brigitte,
Sorry i'm a bit late with this, so pleased for you and i wish you all the best for your operation and soon this PHPT journey will be over.

All the best
love
Diana x

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryM Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:25 am

Hi Brigitte
Sorry not been on for a few days.
Glad everything went well.
I never had the vocal cord thing.
Glad things are moving forward for you.
Mary x

MaryM

Back to top Go down

Post by pilipala Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:17 am

Hi Brigitte,

I've been having some difficulties with the forum (William Hill App pop up spam overload) hence the lack if posting, but I am so excited about your Op!

Really hope it goes ahead and all runs smoothly so you can have your Adios Adenoma party and start getting on with life post pHPT. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Lots of love,

Dee xxx

pilipala

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:07 am

Good luck tomorrow Brigette, hope it all goes to plan. I look forward to hearing your post op update as I'm next in the queue for the chop affraid

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:18 am

Ditto from me! Be thinking of you Brigitte, couldn't think of a better way to be spending a Saturday ..... getting rid of that punk adenoma!

Sending love and GBHs through cyberspace!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:41 am

Thank you ladies Smile It's supposed to be a day case, so hopefully in and out, but I've packed for an overnight stay in case the levels go haywire or something. I haven't had time to think about it much because of all the hospital appointments I've had this week. When I saw the Endo on Wednesday, he has made a rare connection to my other disease and has met up with other Endos who have had experience with genetic diseases and pHPT and got rather excited about it all. I'm back at the hospital this afternoon for the long awaited Genetics appointment I've been trying to get for at least 15 years (but that's another story). The Endo assures me that all paras in the neck will be checked, so I will confirm that with Mr Prat the Surgeon tomorrow before signing the consent form. He was also very interested in the lump that appeared on my pisiform about 3 months ago because he thinks it's bone or cartilage, unlike every other doctor who thinks it is a ganglion, so he sent me down to x-ray in case he can link it with pHPT as well. And I shall go back to see him in a couple of months after having a blood test to find out what's occurring with the Ca, PTH and vitamin D etc, so I know I'm on the radar after the op as well. 

I shall probably come over all of a dither once I've got this big Genetics consultation over with because at the moment I've got a lot of questions there that need answering and that's more important than the op in my mind right now. 

Thanks for being there everyone: it means much more than can be expressed in words 

Lots of love and hugs 
Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:58 am

Bless you, Brigitte, it's all systems go for you now. Glad the endo's have all got excited about linking to your other disease. Everything is connected generally, I believe - just not the NHS departments/consultants/etc!

Interesting about your lump. I had a lump appear on the top of both feet and got the "it's a ganglion" runaround by so many people as well. It was only when I asked to be referred to the foot clinic that they X-rayed and US'd these lumps and found out that they were bone ("osteophytes") - probably overgrowths due to high calcium in my mind.

Hang on in there, m'Dear - you sound as though you have it all together, and I do admire you for that, with all that you've been through. A quick pHPT op should be a doddle in comparison.

Best Hugs, cat cat's and Love to you from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Well, Brigitte, it is time to bid adieu to that pesky, little bugger! cheers Praying for a speedy, smooth surgery, and a very speedy recovery!! We'll all be with you in spirit. Lots of cyber hugs on the way from me too. GOOD LUCK!!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:44 pm

Interesting you are down as a day case Brigitte, I was hoping i could do that but my surgeon said no way. Maybe i could persuade them on the day although Mr Admin won't want to do 2 trips to Bristol in one day Shocked

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Well, we'll have to see what happens tomorrow, but I am prepared for the everything to change at the last minute and to have to stay. I think I got by as a day case because my blood pressure was fine and my heart and lungs sounded amazingly healthy on the day of the pre assessment Nelly! I seem to remember your blood pressure wasn't playing the right game at your pre op, so perhaps that makes the surgeon more wary. I don't know how far Bristol is from you, but I remember when I had to have an op at Bristol as a day case and it was an awful long way home when feeling not very bright.

I'm just back from the Genetics clinic and they think pHPT is connected to my other disease too. I'm a bit disappointed about that but I expect my Endo will throw a party next time I see him! Now Genetics have got hold of me, they're not going to let me go and the Dr even apologised for the fact that I've slipped through the net all these years. I need kidney screening at some point and she was disappointed that the Endo hadn't already had my kidneys checked by ultrasound regarding pHPT because now we have to wait until recovery from surgery, however long that is. I've had more blood taken for the genetic test to discover which gene is responsible for my rare disease so that will be 3 or 4 months waiting around wondering about it. There's a lot to mull over from genetics, but I'm sure I'll start worrying about tomorrow soon. But it's got to be done, so have to get on with it. I'm more annoyed about having to get up really early and shower from head to toe in hibi scrub  Mad That stuff makes your hair go yukky and electrified. I'll look like I just stuck my finger in a light socket in the morning  affraid

Love and hugs

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:23 pm

Haha! Make sure you don't make eye contact with anyone after your Hibi-do Brigitte, you'll turn them to stone, a la Medusa.....affraid
Don't worry about not being worried, otherwise you'll get worried about why you're not worried .....lol!

Soon be on the other side and you can tick that one off the list ..... look forward to hearing from you when you feel up to it.

Hugs 

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum