Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bone density results, latest calcium

2 posters

Go down

bone density results, latest calcium Empty bone density results, latest calcium

Post by rach260190 Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi eveyone, I have revived my latest clinic letter along with my bone density results. I have read the loss of density in the arms is very common with hpt, low and behold osteopenia in my arms and spine.

Bone densomitary results;
Lumbar spine: T score -1.0
Osteopenia
Right hip; T score 0.4

Right femoral neck; T score 0.0

Left hip; T score 0.2

Left femoral neck; T score -0.5

Left forearm; T score -1.8

I am 23 a rather worried by the loss in my arms!

Also my calcium dropped from 2.71 to 2.61 in 2 weeks I'm guessing this is why I don't feel too bad today.
Only 1 week until the scans! And 2 weeks until I meet the surgeon! I'm so anxious and have no idea what to expect.

Hope all are well
Rachel xxxx

rach260190

Back to top Go down

bone density results, latest calcium Empty Re: bone density results, latest calcium

Post by Hadleigh Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi Rachel

I believe the osteopenia can improve once hpth is fixed, I have it my spine so I hope it resolves.

Mr Morgan is such a nice man and he will do what is best for you, the care I have had from him and his team has been excellent. 

I'm due back at his clinic in a week or 2, be funny if we end up there at the same time Smile

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

bone density results, latest calcium Empty Re: bone density results, latest calcium

Post by rach260190 Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Hey Nelly, great to hear from you hope your doing okay. I am due in 2 weeks today too see Mr Morgan and next Monday and Friday for scans.
How are you feeling? I'm so pleased he is a nice man and his team are good this puts me at ease. Can I ask when you first met him at a clinic appointment what happens ect.... I'm a little anxious he won't take me seriously.
I've heard also that the osteopenia can resolve once the calcium is corrected. Makes me wonder how long I have had this damn disease for now as bone density loss can't happen that quick or over night.
I've felt okay for a few days the best in ages but think I spoke too soon been feeling rough this afternoon.

Rachel xxx

rach260190

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:50 pm

I hadn't had the scans when i saw him so it was really just for him to agree to surgery, mainly because I had osteo and kidney stones. He talked about hpth a bit and briefly went over the options for surgery depending on what the scans showed.

You have the advantage of getting your scans done before so he will have them to go on and hopefully give you a definite plan of action.

My appt was quite quick and apart from chatting nothing else happened.

Post op for me is not going as well as i hoped, today has been the worst so far which is very disappointing. Its only day 5 so i have to be patient but it's no fun believe me Rolling Eyes

I'll let you know if my appt day coincides with yours Smile

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by rach260190 Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Oh you poor thing. I hope it's all been worth it and you will begin to feel betree I'm guessing it may be a slow process in getting the other parathyroid's to wake up and start working if thays whay the problem is. Sorry your having a rough time, there must be a light at the end of the tunnel!
Yes I'm pleased I have my scans before hopefully he will have the results in time. I'm praying he will agree to operate, and hoping my results of bone scan and kidney issues will decide him.
I hate to imagen how your feeling atm I guess there is nothing you can do apart from be patient like you said. Xxx

rach260190

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:11 pm

Because i have had previous thyroid surgery he thinks its possible the one he took out was my last which is why my pth is now almost 0. If i do have any left they may wake up in time.

My surgery was also very difficult because of scar tissue and the adenoma wasn't exactly where the scan showed it and it was muddled up with vocal chords so I gave him a bit of a battle Laughing

I'm sure for most people the surgery is more straightforward and problem free so don't take my experience as the norm, I'm just thankful i chose Mr M to do the job.
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by rach260190 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:15 pm

I see.... as they are located behind the thyroid. This would make sense your parathyroid levels are so low if it was the last one. That does sound like a bit of a battle but you were in safe hands! So much for the scan locations! Just proves they sometimes don't help xxx

rach260190

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down