Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post op fasting blood test

4 posters

Go down

Post op fasting blood test Empty Post op fasting blood test

Post by mealinacup1 Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi everyone,
Recovering well, only down side is the continuing hot flashes and night sweats (Very unpleasant!) My GP was very understanding and wanted to do a full blood test to rule out other causes and then if it is hormone (menopause related) i can try HRT therapy. So just this final hiccup and all will be well.
Take care everyone
Diana
xxx

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post op fasting blood test Empty Re: Post op fasting blood test

Post by Kathi209 Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi Diana
So glad your doing good. Not sure how old you are but when I went through menopause the hot flashes and night sweats were terrible. I did go on HRT for a short time and it did help. Be careful on the HRT try not to do it long term, but I have to say I felt really good when I was on it.  Hugs Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:52 pm

Thanks Kathi,
Really appreciate the advice, i hope all is well with you?

Take care
Diana x
ps ( I am 52 )

xx

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:43 pm

That is the magic age for all that fun stuff. bom Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:13 pm

So glad to hear all is well, apart from the "usual" menopausal symptoms. You're the right age for them, sadly, so I hope your GP can help.

I'm 62 and still get the night sweats (and periods of daytime "heat"). I thought is was the pHPT messing with my thermometer! They have reduced somewhat since the op, but not disappeared altogether.

Never mind, other things are better, for which I'm grateful!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:00 pm

So glad to hear all is going well, Diana! Yes, those pesky hot flashes are awful!!! Before my parathyroid surgery, I was having one every 20-30 minutes, all day and all night long. I thought I would lose my mind before they diminished!! I now have between 4 and 6 a day and a few during the night. Not too bad, I guess. I will be 62 in a few days. I guess I'll be living with these things forever! Mad Hang in there!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi Tigerlily,
Totally agree with you other things are much better, i kind of knew the hot flashed and night sweats were menopause related as i am of the right age! I am very grateful most of pHPT sympoms have gradually disappeared and what i have noticed is my get up and go has come back, which i thought had gone forever. How are you feeling? I hope everyone else is well wether pre-op or post-op and thanks to this forum we can continue to share our individual experiences!
Much love
Diana xx

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks Audrey,
We women have a lot to put up with regarding our hormones, i wonder do men have a menopause? I suppose they must because men must reach an age where hormone levels drop and maybe they just don't notice it. My poor husband is left freezing when i kick the covers off freezing when i have the fan full on and when i want the window open when its blowing a bliźzard out side. He never complains (God bless him!).
Much love
Diana xx

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Thanks for asking, Diana - I'm still feeling "epic" - and my get-up-and-go has come back too! I had lost all my incentive, enthusiasm and creativity and the house was a mess. I'm enjoying sorting out one room at a time at the moment inbetween getting on with some sewing (that I had also let slide) and some bead threading (very therapeutic, almost meditative, in case anyone out there hasn't tried it yet!)

Yes, God bess these guys who have managed not to complain for so many months/years. I seem to be able to take things in my stride more and the supreme irritability with everything and everyone (Mr T-L, mainly ...) appears to have reduced since the surgery. I think it's because the brain fog has lifted and I can string sentences together better, so I don't lose my temper when trying to explain things any more.

It's the disappearance of the mind symptoms that I find so fascinating. How could all that brain fatigue have been caused by overactive PTH glands? The PTH hormone and the high calcium, I guess.

So glad to hear things are going well for you, Diana.

And Audrey - you have an upcoming Birthday?  I do so hope it's the happiest one you have had in a long time!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down