Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel Insurance

2 posters

Go down

Travel Insurance Empty Travel Insurance

Post by Lucycatnaps Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:08 pm

I have just booked travel insurance with Staysure for our trip.  It seemed to take a long while to sort, the sticking point being I could not tell her if I have primary hyperparathyroidism or FHH as I have not been diagnosed, high calcium does not come up on screen only low, there are too many hyper hypo parathyroids thyroids etc with all this so the poor girl had great difficulty finding a box for me to fit into.  I told her it was suggestive of PHPT but all they are doing is monitoring and unless you can say this is my diagnosis she was trying to exempt that from the cover.  Finally she spoke to her manager and I have cover, has anyone else found it hard pre diagnosis to get travel cover?  
Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Travel Insurance Empty Re: Travel Insurance

Post by Hadleigh Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:17 pm

Sorry that you have not had any replies.

I have multiple medical conditions and I get annual insurance for Europe with Free Spirit.
Everything is done on-line, which makes it easy, but I can understand that it is a bit tricky when you have a suspected, but not confirmed medical condition.

I would have thought that, if you have PHPT symptoms, it would be safe to select this. You are supposed to keep the insurer informed if there are any changes, so you can always have the cover amended if you get a different diagnosis.

Edwin
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi Edwin,
Thanks for the information, it was the fact the girl I spoke too was confused about thyroid and parathyroid. I'm hypothyroid and then trying to sort out the possible PHPT was leading her to say as I had not been diagnosed , that anything related to it would be exempt and I was getting confused as to what I would be covered for by the end of it.
Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down