Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post-Op Update :)

5 posters

Go down

Post-Op Update :) Empty Post-Op Update :)

Post by lovelydark Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi friends,

I am finally home and resting. I went in Tuesday for my Parathyoridectomy, to remove one gland. It was my first surgery with general anesthesia, so my anxiety was through the roof. Thankfully, my partner and his mom were there to support me (my brother and aunt came later, dang metro-area traffic!). I think the scariest part was that my anesthesiologist failed to give me anti-anxiety medicine before I was rolled into the operating room... So, I got there and immediately started having a panic attack. I remember panicking and a really kind nurse saying that things would be okay and covering me with a warm blanket... then I was out! Next thing I knew, I woke up in a recovery room, slightly nauseous and in minor pain... but already feeling better.

I eventually made it to my hospital room and was told my surgery was a success! My PTH level right before surgery was 200+ pg/mL (21.2 mmol/L) then dropped to around 20+ pg/mL (2.12 mmol/L). They took ionized calcium the same night and then later the following morning, with the results being "normal" (they wouldn't give me exact numbers?). I'm now home and trying to be patient. I feel like my mind, spirit, and energy levels are back and better than ever, but it's challenging to be patient as my body itself comes back from general anesthesia. At least my appetite is back and my stomach pain has somewhat subsided! I have my follow-up appointment with my surgeon next week... I hope my lowered numbers stay the way they are! 

Thanks for all your support everyone! I'll post/share updates as I get them. Smile

lovelydark

Back to top Go down

Post-Op Update :) Empty Re: Post-Op Update :)

Post by Jasmine2 Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:30 pm

So pleased to hear you're on the other side Lovelydark and doing well, and that your surgery experience was reasonably good. Really looking forward to hearing about your post op progress and hope you can soon start getting your life back again. Brilliant news.....!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by pilipala Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:54 pm

This is great news! I know we haven't met but I've been thinking of you and I love hearing post-op updates, especially positive ones.

Really hope you continue onwards and upwards back to full health.

Love
Dee
xxx

pilipala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:17 pm

Good news.. cheers Give yourself sometime to recover, your body takes awhile to adjust to the normal levels.  Happy your on the other side.    Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:53 am

Such great news, lovelydark - wonderful news!

Take time to rest up now - but so pleased you feel so much better in mind, body and spirit!!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down