Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr & Mrs Admin

+6
Little Audrey
Lucycatnaps
Jennza
Jasmine2
Hadleigh
Amanda Lynne
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mr & Mrs Admin Empty Mr & Mrs Admin

Post by Amanda Lynne Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi Edwin & Nelly
Hope you are both ok and Edwind is home safe & sound and resting.
Take care Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Mr & Mrs Admin Empty Re: Mr & Mrs Admin

Post by Hadleigh Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi Amanda and everyone

He did come home yesterday but unfortunately he is back in hospital today, his kidney has packed up which was a possibility after the angiogram and as he already has chronic renal failure it's a bit serious but we are keeping everything crossed that they can sort it out.

The ward he is on today doesn't have wifi so he can't read or post but he's being transferred sometime so may have better luck there. I will keep you all posted if he can't.

Glad to see you are all keeping the forum going, I will have to catch up with everything when I can get my head in gear.

See you later and many thanks for all the get well wishes  I love you 

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Gosh that's not good Nelly, so sorry to hear that.  Please give Edwin my best wishes and tell him he's in my thoughts and prayers.  What stage is Edwin's CKD normally ie pre angiogram?  I have stage 2 progressing 'nicely' to stage 3 but it's only classed as moderate at this stage so not too troublesome.  Sincerely hope Edwin recovers soon from this setback.

How are you holding up Nelly? This is such a stressful time for you too! Is Edwin in a hospital close to home now for visiting? Or Taunton?

Thinking of you both!    I love you

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi Jasmine

Just hit the wrong button and lost my reply :xtry again

He is stage 4 and has been stable for a while which is good but his creatinine today was over 500 so not good. He said they have stopped the iv now so it's wait and see what happens overnight.

He's in Taunton which is about an hours drive either way, I have worked out my route which avoids the busy center but I made a wrong turn coming home today which was scary, I did manage to get back on track but it was an unpleasant experience  Neutral 

Hopefully they can fix him in Taunton, if not he will have to go to Bristol and there is no way on this earth that can manage that drive, give me tracks and country lanes and I'm fine but multiple lanes and millions of cars and I'm done for, my thyroid + pth brain just cannot cope with it. It's so annoying but nothing I can do about it. So it will be a massive problem if he ends up there.

Oh well I think the weeks antics have caught up with me, I was going to work this evening but so far have done a big fat 0, I think a cuppa is called for and some rubbish tv.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers, we do need them right now  I love you 

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Good idea Nelly!  

I'm right with you on the driving thing.  Since I've had HPT driving long, or even moderately long distances is a no no for me.  I'll pootle round the village, into town and back or visiting family close by but that's it, I just can't concentrate and stay focused for long journeys, and I just get so exhausted with trying to concentrate.

Hopefully Taunton will sort Edwin out, but if he does have to get shipped to Bristol is there a train service from where you live Nelly?   It's been a few years since I was in Bristol but as I recall the BRI is within walking distance from the train station.

Try and have a good night, if you're not already in bed, keep your chin up.

Jasmine axax
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:33 pm

So glad I'm not alone with the driving thing Jasmine, I get really annoyed with myself for not coping but it is how it is. I usually drive lots of miles every day and thats ok when it's places I know and I know escape routes if I need to stop for a breather but driving on a motorway when I can't get off is too stressful. It is the concentrating that gets me, I can manage about an hour then I go into zombie mode and as you say it's exhausting.

We live in the middle of nowhere so have no public transport of any kind, getting to Bristol would take hours and mean a train and maybe several bus rides, something else I couldn't cope with, safe in my car is ok but public transport is a non starter, I would probably have a major panic attack, god how pathetic am I.

I think this might be a long night, roll on the morning and some good news.

Nighty night Jasmine

Nelly xx
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi Nelly
You've probably gone to bed buy now but I'm so sorry to hear Edwin is really poorly, what an awful time you are both having.
I hope they get him sorted out at Taunton and quickly, the thought of him being transferred to Bristol and you not being able to get there is not good.
I'm sending you both all my love and best wishes that this is sorted out as quickly as possible.
Thinking of you Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Thanks Amanda

I'm still here but thinking I should probably call it a day, he has slightly improved but to early to tell if he is heading the right way yet, hopefully the morning will bring better news.

He said the Consultant is on the ball and very nice so everything crossed she can work some magic.

See you tomorrow

Nelly xx
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:20 am

Morning Nelly

How are things in the Admin household today? Hope Edwin is showing signs of improvement and feeling a bit better?  And you Mrs Admin, are you OK?

Thinking of you both, sending love and healing hugs!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:39 am

Morning Jasmine

Definite improvement over night, he has more blood tests this morning then they decide if he as to go to Bristol or not, hopefully not.

I'm ok thanks apart from a headache, just planning a list of things to be done today, of course all the places I have to go are in different directions so it's going to be a day of driving again.

Will update when I know more, thanks Jasmine

Nelly x
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennza Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:50 am

Nelly, thank you so much for keeping us updated and in the picture, and Jasmine and Amanda, thank you for putting into words what we must all be feeling and thinking about your situation, Nelly.

I'm encouraged to hear things are a bit more stable this morning. I'm praying for you both, too, and will light a couple of candles for you in a little while.

Sending love, virtual hugs and all strength to you both. Jen xx

Jennza

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:44 am

Nelly glad to hear things are looking a little better this morning, I have everything crossed that Edwin won't need to go to Bristol and he will get better really soon.
Hope your headache goes and be very careful doing all those things you need to you are under a lot of stress, I'm sure if we all lived near you, you would have a little queue of helpers this morning. Laughing 
Love to you both A xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:56 am

Thank you girls

He has just called and his levels are coming down very slowly so the plan is to stay in Taunton for the time being and hopefully he won't need to have dialysis in Bristol.

Yes now you all get your butts down to Somerset this minute, I need the grass mowing  and the quails mucked out  Smile . Nice thought but I'm more than happy to have you all as my virtual friends and helpers, thanks so much.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:32 am

Hi Nelly,
I just wanted to add my well wishes and positive thoughts and that Edwin soon starts to feel a lot better soon.  I have fingers and toes crossed that his levels continue to fall, was it the angio dye that triggered it?  I really am with you on town/ long distance driving, I am fine if I know the route etc but I get panicky if I am in the wrong lanes, miss turnings etc so I know it is added stress that you could do without right this minute.  Gentle hugs for you and keep strong.
Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:35 am

Nelly, if I could get there from the US, I would mow your grass, but I'm staying away from birds!!  affraid 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by lozza Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi Mr and Mrs Admin,
thanks for setting up this forum and hope Edwin is feeling better soon, sending all my best,

Lozza

lozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Hope Edwin is doing good, prayers for you both. Audrey if you wear your wellys the birds can't bite your legs, just saying.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi everyone and thanks again for your thoughts and best wishes.

Yes Sue it was the dye used in the angio that caused the acute renal failure, they used the smallest amount possible but it still got him.

Are you not keen on birds Audrey ? my chickens are only little bantams and the quail are in a house and run in a shed so they won't eat you, honest  Rolling Eyes they do love to join in with the gardening !

No news from Edwin really, things slowly getting better but he's stuck in there for the rest of this week at least  Neutral he will be climbing the walls soon !

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Think it was being chased by a mad rooster that did it for Audrey, Nelly ......  lol!
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:06 pm

You are right, Jasmine! I will never look at a rooster the same way again!! That bird was possessed!

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:13 am

Hi Nelly, I've been a bit quiet this week and not felt much like engaging  but I've been popping in and out of the forum to keep up and just wanted to check how Edwin is doing?  Hope you manage to get him home for Easter and sending love and cyberhugs, hoping all is going well.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:54 am

Ditto that Jasmine, sending you all my love and hope Edwin gets home for Easter. I've been a bit out of sorts too had US for hernia small inguinial one found left side no lump just a tear. I'm hoping I can leave it a while, I've got enough on my plate ATM. Been enjoying the warm weather which has helped a bit with aches but I feel crap otherwise, headaches, extreme thirst, jittery, and vv tired, I presume it's the vit d going up which is causing calcium to rise, I could pee for England  Shocked 
How are you feeling Jasmine, fed up I would think. When do you get to see Consultant ?
I'm at last seeing Endo on 24 th can't quite believe it, I'm just nervous that I will be told that they aren't sure and to go away for 6 mths to wait n see.
Hope all my PTH friends have a very good Easter whatever they are doing and get time to relax and look after themselves.
Love to All.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 am

Hi Jasmine and Amanda

I haven't been around much either but have kept an eye on the forum.

Things are ok and he may be coming home later today or tomorrow, he was to be staying in over Easter but one of his consultants has said no need but as usual slight cock up with communication so he's having to wait for a blood result to come back before he can escape.

Can't get my head around Easter and probably have a house full of family coming down so it's going to be a last minute rush.

Are you feeling poorly Jasmine or just wanting a quiet time ? Sorry you are feeling so crappy Amanda, what a bunch we are  Smile 

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:04 am

Good good job we have support on here and at home. Smile 
I'm sure your house full of people will make a very happy Easter and they won't mind if you aren't ready.
I'm probably going to have quite a few on and off which is lovely even if they wear me out.
Lots of love to you give Edwin a bit hug.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 am

I've been worrying about you both too, Nelly. Been meaning to check in on you both.

I'm VERY happy Edwin will be coming home soon!! That is great news! I do hope you are both able to take it easy and relax a bit once you get there. Not so sure if I would want a house full of guests after going through all you both have. Last Easter I was feeling so poorly, we totally canceled our usual Easter plans. We usually host the get-together here at our place. Last year, as much as I hated to do it, we ditched those plans and went out to eat. My daughter and daughter-in-law both offered to take care of dinner, but I felt badly causing them the trouble and suggested we just go out. This year I am going to attempt it all again. I am looking forward to it. I will need something for the pain, but I really am feeling quite a bit better than last year, so I'm going for it. I don't think anybody minded having a different sort of holiday for 1 year. I sure wish you would consider the same. You certainly don't need all of that right now. Please take care of yourself!!

It just hasn't seemed right on here without little notes from you and Edwin. I am looking forward to seeing them again!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next