Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr Robert Hardy in Liverpool

5 posters

Go down

Mr Robert Hardy in Liverpool Empty Mr Robert Hardy in Liverpool

Post by Tigerlily Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi Jasmine

I was just browsing and found this page for Robert Hardy:

http://www.endocrinesurgeon.org.uk/index.php/appointments-contacts

I expect you've found it but there is a button to "ask a question", which might be useful!

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Mr Robert Hardy in Liverpool Empty Re: Mr Robert Hardy in Liverpool

Post by Jasmine2 Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi Tigerlily, yes I found this page too and was about to submit an online question when I found an email address for him as well so decided to email him direct.  Still waiting to hear back from him but in the meantime I've made an appointment to see him on 7th May in Liverpool.

Thanks for thinking of me, chuck...! (Geddit...? Chuck..... Cilla Black .... Liverpool ......?)  Rolling Eyes 

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennza Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi Tigerlily and Jasmine. I emailed Robert Hardy when I was deciding what to do, and where to go for surgery. He was really helpful and fairly quick with his replies. The reason I finally decided to go to Tampa was because I wasn't confident enough that Robert Hardy would be as skilled at finding the bad gland as I knew Dr Norman would be.

It's such a difficult one though because it's a big deal to trek all the way over to Tampa. I'm really glad I did simply to have had that level of expertise and experience, and to have had a small, short, thorough, successful procedure that hasn't needed a long time to get over.

Do update us on how you get on Jasmine, and sending you strength and perseverance as you keep going with the fight.

Jennza

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:08 am

Thanks Jen, and it's so good to hear from you, and that you are doing so well, really really thrilled to hear it!  Because I'm going through this process again for the THIRD time, I'm looking at all options and getting as many opinions as I can from different people before I contact Dr Norman again.  I'm right with you about Dr N, but to have to go to Tampa again would put considerable strain on the finances if I'm honest.  Hubby says if we have to go again then we'll go again, whatever it takes to make me better (bless him!) but I feel I should explore every avenue here first...... I have a sneaky feeling I'll be toddling off to Tampa again though, if Dr Norman will accept me as a patient again...... I'm not entirely sure how accepting he is of failure as he was pretty darn certain he'd cured me, and he is extremely scathing of other doctors who fail to cure ........goats and monkeys springs to mind!  

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:25 am

Hi Jennza,
It is so nice to hear from you and that you are dojng so well, it really gives me hope that I can get through this and get my life back.  All your psychological symptoms are exactly how I feel now and I was always so happy go lucky, right now I am glad when each day is over.

For Jasmine,
Wouldn't it be nice if he did Buy one get one free!  In my humble opinion, I think that Dr Norman is the gold standard and I would go in a flash if I could.  I also think that if his techniques were allowed here then many surgeons could be as proficient and have the same results.  I am sure he has enough wriggle room with your history of a thyroidectomy to assuage his ego and evaluate again, rather than point blank you are cured full stop.  Even buy one get the next half price would be good Smile
Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:26 am

Hi Everyone

Jasmine - I thought Mr Hardy looked older and experienced from his photo on his website, but he's actually quite young (or graduated quite late). I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear what he says in his reply to you.

Why not also ask the same questions of Mr Faustus? So you can compare replies.

The more I read on his BMJ Best Practice pages, the more I think pituitary disorders may be the link between hypothyroid/hyperparathyroid/eye problems etc. Sorry to bang on about him/it. Let us know what you find out, too.

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:56 am

Mmmm good point Tigerlily! It couldn't hurt to send an email to Mr P as well, I guess..... Yes, perhaps I'll do that....

That's what I love about this forum, the collective thought processes at work .....

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi All
Congratulations Jennza I'm so pleased you are doing so well. I'm so sorry that you lost you cat like that, I've had similar and it's heartbreaking.
I have my Endo appt at 4.20pm not sure what to expect Shocked it's not as if I haven't been there and done that but so much is resting on this and the fact that my Thyroid is messing around I hope won't cloud the issue.
Keep your fingers X'd see you on the other side Arrow 
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Good luck Amanda, got everything crossed for you ....!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:03 pm

Thanks Jasmine it means a lot to me. Very Happy Xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi Amanda - you'll be back soon. Sooo hope it went well for you. Waiting to hear when you're ready.
Love Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down