Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Referral to another hospital

2 posters

Go down

Referral to another hospital  Empty Referral to another hospital

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi all,

I have been waiting a little over three and a half weeks to be referred from my local Hospital to Hammersmith Hospital, well so far i have heard nothing, so i decided to make some calls at the beginning of this week, after being passed around from pillar to post, leaving messages, emails, phone calls etc. i decided to contact Hammersmith Hospital who said that they had not received a referral letter from my local Hospital. 

I was not happy  Mad  so then i contacted PALS via email and eventually even though the Consultant Surgeon said in writing that he would arrange this referral personally, due to the complication of it being a parathyroid lesion intrathoracically, i received a phone call from the Consultant Surgeon's secretary who apologised profusely and said that i had been over looked.  Exclamation 

So at last i am not in limbo land anymore as she sent an urgent fax to Fausto Pallazzo secretary and i should hear from them shortly.

So glad i chased this referral, i could have sat here for weeks waiting for an appointment, which was never going to come  Exclamation   

Take care everyone 

Diana x

Back to top Go down

Referral to another hospital  Empty Re: Referral to another hospital

Post by Kathi209 Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Diana so glad you chased that down. It is to bad we have to do that even in the states we have to run this kind of stuff down, if not your right you are stuck in limbo land. You know I am super interested on how FP will proceed with your surgery. Maybe they won't have to go through your chest to remove the adenoma. Kudo's to you, for not being in limbo land.

Best of luck to you.  Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:40 pm

It's a good job you did chase this up Diana! It should be a surprise this happened, but it really isn't as it seems that every one of us has to chase around and jump through hoops trying to get things moving forward. Hopefully things will move quickly now you've got it in motion. 

Love and hugs 
Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi Kathi and Brigitte,

Thank you both,  it is wrong that we have to chase after things, but i am glad i did in the end.

I don't know how FP is going to proceed with a chest adenoma, i hope its going to be done delicately and precise, but i will let you know.

Good luck to both of you and take care.

Dianax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down