Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital!

5 posters

Go down

Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital! Empty Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital!

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I have an appointment at Hammersmith Hospital  to see one of FP team on the 12/8/2014, needless to say i am very happy to be at Hammersmith and under the care of FP as he has a good reputation and has a lot of experience.  Very Happy 

Now all i have to do is find out how to get there, seriously i can get lost in a lift! no sense of direction whats so ever!

Take everyone

Much love

Diana

xx

Back to top Go down

Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital! Empty Re: Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital!

Post by Amanda Lynne Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi Diana
That's brilliant you have an appointment with FP and quite soon, well done.
I'm awful at finding my way too, I can go into a public toilet and if there's two doors out I can't remember which one I came in through. Hospitals are the worst, all those signs send me a bit loopy, however if I've driven somewhere once I'm like a satnav and I can always find it again.
Good luck.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital! Empty Re: Appointment at Hammersmith Hospital!

Post by Brigitte0 Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:17 pm

That's great news Diana  Smile 

I know what you mean about getting lost. I'm pants at directions and rely on Google maps and/or someone with a sense of direction. My mum is Australian and says I'd probably find my sense of direction in Oz, since that's where she left hers! I also get lost in hospitals because the nurse shows you in, but abandons you so you have to find your way out by yourself! I'm sure you'll be fine; perhaps someone can go with you? 

Best of luck 
Love 
Brigitte x
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your reply, i am lucky to get the appointment so soon, to be honest i was determined to chase it down, i was anxious that it wouldn't be " Overlooked " again.

Regarding my poor sense of direction, its even worse on public transport, my husband is going to show me the route! (That's how bad i am  Embarassed ).

I have never learnt to drive, wish i had now.

Take care

Diana x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi Brigette,

Thanks, it is reassuring to hear that i'm not the only one with a poor sense of direction, i usually muddle through some how.
I have brought up four children into adulthood and they have not got my poor sense of direction. (Thank goodness!) Bless them they think nothing of jumping on public transport and heading for the bright lights of London.

Take care

Diana x

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:35 pm

So glad you have your referral, Diana - you'll be so pleased to get there that I'm sure you'll remember the route with ease once you have done it and got a groove in your head for it!

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:45 pm

I am so glad your seeing FP today. There a saying in the USA that [ you can get lost in a phone booth] lol  so don't get lost.  I have to google directions everytime I leave town. Write down your route as you are traveling so the next time you can refer to your notes if you are still unsure. 

Best wishes Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:23 pm

Yes, that is GREAT news, Diana!! So happy for you!

I think I can take the crown for poor sense of direction. I got lost in a department store out at the mall a few years ago! I mean, I was REALLY lost. I started to panic as I frantically walked around trying to find my way out of the darned store! I didn't want to look like an idiot, so I would stop and look at an item here or there, but the entire time I was thinking, "Oh, my gosh, I'm never going to get out of here!!" How bad is that?! I know this sounds funny, but it was actually very frightening. I'm guessing the HPT brain was not helping matters any.

Oh, and about 10 years ago, my daughter and I took a little trip. My sister lived on the other side of the state from us, about 7 hours away. She and her daughter were going to meet me and my daughter halfway between our homes. It was about a 3-1/2 hour drive. We did make it there in 3-1/2 hours. Unfortunately, the trip home took 7-1/2 hours!!! Yes, we were VERY lost!!! We did not have a GPS at that time, or, of course, that would not have happened. I still get teased about that! In my defense, though, I had terrible issues with my intestines for many years, and to prevent dealing with that on the trip, I had not eaten for about 14 hours. My daughter said I was hallucinating on the way home. I don't know about that, but I do know my brain was not able to concentrate on much of anything. Had I thought we were in any real danger, I would not have been driving. We were safe, just REALLY lost!!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi Diana

I've just heard that my appointment is the day after yours!!
Our paths are bound to cross at the Hammersmith at some point.
So glad we will be able to compare notes.

Love from Tigerlily xx cat  cat

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Hi Tigerlilly,

Just said more or less the same thing on your Hammersmith appointment thread,  i will let you know what happens when i get back home and give you the heads up.

Much love

Diana x

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:00 pm

Thanks so much, Diana, that would be great!
Was there any extra information about what to expect on the day in the appointment letter - mine hasn't arrived yet.

Love and Cats from Tiger cat Lily I love you  xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down